X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news everybody!

And no it's not a suicide mission

I got my results from uni this morning. Two credits and a pass (one of the topics required me to do a little extra work due to the completely retarded way they restructured their degrees), but even better is my GPA which is calculated in some completely complicated way I can't even explain.

Of the three courses I applied for, I rang the uni to find out what their cutoffs were for previous years since my particular courses are all ranked. (similar to how Year 12 students end up applying for theirs) Fingers crossed, I MAY end up doing a course for special education (which will allow me to teach primary school as well, the only difference is that I'll have an extra qualification on top of that)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Congratulations and good luck!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

how's this for irony? The day of the first round of offers comes out on the 13th. FRIDAY the 13th.

Comment

That's my favourite day of the year! I hope you get an awesome offer and can do the course that you want to. Good luck!
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Congratulations!
          Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I got married on Friday 13th

But good marks are very awesome, and I hope you can can do the special education course!
            I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Fingers crossed too.

I should clarify, the course I'm applying for is a postgraduate course. I rang the admissions office (anyone wishing to apply to uni for MOST courses, apart from a small handful of degrees, needs to do it through a centralized group known in my state as SATAC, pronounced say-tack) and they said that provided I actually COMPLETE my degree by the end of the year, they will look at offering me a spot provided my GPA is good enough. This particular course is more a Masters in Special Education, but has two streams, depending on what level you wish to teach: primary (K-7) or secondary (8-12). It's also a pre-service degree, meaning that when I graduate, I will be a fully qualified teacher, with the added qualification of being able to teach special education. I've done this for a couple of reasons:

1) A significant number of mainstream schools do not have the funding to provide extra programs to students in need. Therefore students with special needs are placed in the same classes as non-special needs children.
              2) There are a number of people who would rather their child be mainstreamed regardless.
              3) I am a lot more flexible in this case and can therefore apply for more jobs.
              Last edited by fireheart; 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I should also add that I MAY have a job offer riding on this. Sometime ago I looked at areas where I could work with children of the age group I wanted to teach. I looked at the OSHC programs around, but they all require some form of qualifications which I do not have-while some places do accept unqualified staff, there's a whole slew of new changes coming in and they need qualified personnel. So the second option: swimming teaching! A bit of a look around and I found a place that will take on university students provided they have 2 years left of their degree at a minimum (so for a 3-year degree, they'll allow first and second year students) and teach them the required skills (there is a course that you have to do-it's around $250-$300 for it, plus extra for the CPR). So I applied. Got a call sometime ago saying that she liked my resume and would I like to come in for an interview? She's going to interview me IF I get into this course.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                  That's my favourite day of the year!
                  Well, there will be 3 this year.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I immediately thought of this.
                    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

18 hours until I can find out my results GAHHH!!!!

Comment

Don't mean to hijack your thread or anything, but I got some good news from a university I applied to yesterday, I've been accepted to study Diploma in Japanese starting Feb 27th ^___^

Now I'm just waiting to see if I will be approved to do a double major or not (even if I am I may end up just doing the Japanese degree since doing a double major will be difficult to say the least)
                        Violets are blue,
                        Roses are red,
                        I bequeath to thee...
                        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                          Don't mean to hijack your thread or anything, but I got some good news from a university I applied to yesterday, I've been accepted to study Diploma in Japanese starting Feb 27th ^___^

Now I'm just waiting to see if I will be approved to do a double major or not (even if I am I may end up just doing the Japanese degree since doing a double major will be difficult to say the least)
                          Depends on your defintion of "major". My undergrad degree was a double major.

Comment

At the moment I know I'm doing Diploma in Japanese (I've sent back my acceptance of the offering to do the course), I'm waiting to hear back on a second course I also applied for, one of either Diploma in travel and tourism or Diploma in hospitality management.
                            Violets are blue,
                            Roses are red,
                            I bequeath to thee...
                            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                              At the moment I know I'm doing Diploma in Japanese (I've sent back my acceptance of the offering to do the course), I'm waiting to hear back on a second course I also applied for, one of either Diploma in travel and tourism or Diploma in hospitality management.
                              Nice.

90 minutes until I find out!

Comment

Working...
                              X