This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animus

Ok this may be the pain meds talking, but I was thinking about a different kind of Roleplaying game. Where the main characters are genetically altered animals. While they can talk/etc they have to keep up the appearance to humans that they can't so they are not captured and dissected.

All of the animals would be semi-super..in the fact that they have enhanced reflexes, super senses (even beyond normal animals), damage resistance*, etc.

Further each would have something beyond the others. Like a house cat would literally have 9 lives. Even complete disintegration would not keep them down until those were used up. Canines would have a sonic 'bark', eagles would have all vision types (x-ray, infrared, uv, etc).

Thoughts? Or should I stop taking so many (legal) drugs?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I would experiment with a couple of these either as special characters or NPC's in an existing mileau to see how game balance would be affected. (Always give a monster an even break)

Comment

Look for a game called Ironclaw for a system already dealing with anthromorphic creatures of various types. They just released a new (and better) version this past summer.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ironclaw, Albedo, Big Ears, Small Mouse, Kevin and Kell, just to name a few. Also, there's a number of others that allow anthropomorphics, both as super and non-super characters (Gamma World and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come to mind). If you're looking toward supers, Heroes, Unlimited and Champions can both be run with anthro characters.

It all depends on the tone of the game you're looking for.
        Last edited by Crossbow; 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm suddenly thinking of the engineered animal weapons in the Comic 'We3' with their bionic suits. They were smart too.

http://www.onemetal.com/wp-content/u...ail/7gcFyW.jpg
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I used to run a game called World Tree, which seems pretty similar to Ironclaw.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              Ironclaw, Albedo, Big Ears, Small Mouse, Kevin and Kell, just to name a few. Also, there's a number of others that allow anthropomorphics, both as super and non-super characters (Gamma World and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come to mind).
              Those are all good choices, but may be difficult to get your hands on these days, which is why I suggested Ironclaw. Unless they're up on RPGdrivethru, or the like, of course. Also, for a very general, all-purpose, do-anything system, Big Eyes, Small Mouth D20 is excellent, but requires a strong GM to prevent Munchkining the rules.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions all, will have to look into them. Was more gauging interest for a forum rpg here, but I did love the suggestions.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Those are all good choices, but may be difficult to get your hands on these days, which is why I suggested Ironclaw. Unless they're up on RPGdrivethru, or the like, of course. Also, for a very general, all-purpose, do-anything system, Big Eyes, Small Mouth D20 is excellent, but requires a strong GM to prevent Munchkining the rules.
                  Ironclaw is a great one, I agree. Albedo is the only one that might be hard to find at this point, though. The online, PDF delivery sites are doing a pretty good job of keeping them around.

As for interest, I think it could be fun.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                  X