This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A huge relief!

I am so burnt out. SO incredibly burnt out. I've been making fursuits/mascots for the last eight years, and for the last six it's been full time, with the longest break from it no more than a few weeks.

And I am so sick of it. So a couple of weeks back I decided to close down. I'll probably go back to it later, but for now I am finishing up my list of projects and not adding any new commissions to it.

And it's such a relief! Every time somebody has e-mailed me with a project, instead of groaning and yet feeling I have to accept it, I've been able to say "sorry, no!" It's been GREAT! Ha ha ha ha ha!

I am still sewing, it's my sole source of income so I can't quit altogether, but right now I'm concentrating on building my plush business, and it really is looking like I can do plush full time and have it work.

Course eventually I'm sure plushes will burn me out as well, but not nearly so fast. They are about a million times less stressful. They don't fail to fit. They don't have people do stupid stunts in them and break them and then blame me. They don't get sent back to me all gross for repairs. (I had a suit sent to me to fix that had been PEED in once, augh!) And they don't have people telling me I'm a terrible hack and a failure and a rip-off because my stuff isn't as good as some person who charges three times what I do. In plush making I'm not the cheap end of the pile, I'm one of the best there is, especially for larger plushes, there's really very few people doing what I do there. It's great.

Now if I can just get these last half dozen suits done! I wish I could just dump them and not make them, but I can't afford to give all those people full refunds. But once they're finished, I'll be free! Wheeeeee!
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

<cheers> Always good when you get that whole rush of relief.

But I'm guessing that once word gets out....the fur will fly. <ducks>
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

First and foremost I'm glad you're doing something that makes YOU happy.

I am sorry though that you are shutting down the fursuit end of your business since I do love your stuff and was hoping to continue piecing together my costume when tax returns came in. But again, so long as you are doing what makes you happy.

I'm glad you're getting away from the the majority of the jerks that came with the fursuiting and you're able to continue doing something you love to do. If you do decide to continue making fursuits again, please let us know!

Also, now gotta figure out a plush that I want.

Comment

*chuckles* It is flattering that people like my stuff, but there are a lot of fursuit makers around my skill level and price out there. A LOT. I do think 'll get back to making fursuits eventually, but I need a break. And when I do pick it up again I may be more picky and not take things I won't enjoy making.
        The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Please tell me the peed-in suit had been washed.

Please.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

How would I have known it had been peed in if it had been washed?

I did NOT actually do any work on it, I just sent it right back, of course.

Comment

Working...
            X