This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not doing this again!

I am moving to London later this year (YAY)

So Im selling most of the stuff I own online and so far so good. Not too much hassle and the money is going towards shipping the rest of my stuff over.

I allow pickups because as long as people turn up when they say they will we dont have a problem.

But.....

twice now, people have left me waiting, not being able to do much. I cant go out, I cant go in my garden, I have to sit around aware of when someone drives into the street. I have to make sure that I am in earshot of the door which means not watching tv as my lounge is at the back of the house.

once I waited 20 minutes then called the guy... he had totally forgotten! At least when he turned up (dead on time) he was apologetic.

tonight someone was supposed to come by between 5-6pm which was fine because I was making dinner anyway. The woman assured me it would be 6pm at the absolute latest.

7pm I finally email and say that its now too late for a pick up and could she please reschedule!

no email, no phone, no show

SUCKY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

The delights of a house move, only magnified over time zones, shipping lanes and check in desks, lovely!

When are you coming to the UK?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Sounds a lot like FreeCycle...
      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
        Sounds a lot like FreeCycle...
        This was my exact thought.

Comment

Working...
        X