This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme Money Gimme Money!!

Normal shift, everything is going smoothly. A co-worker comes up to me.

CW: There are two customers that would like to complain about their food.
    Me: OK, point them out and I'll go over.
    SC: Hem-hem!

OK, that was weird. They were stood at the bar, a man and his wife. They still had their coats on, and I didn't recognise them. I walked to the other side of the bar to talk to them.

Me: Hi there, what can I help you with?
    SC: Well, our food was awful. The fries were hard, our burgers were undercooked, it was cold, just not very nice at all!
    Me: OK, where abouts were you sitting? I'll go check your food out.
    SC: Oh...where were we sitting dear??
    Wife: Ummm, over there...I think.
    Me: Has someone cleared away your food already?
    SC: Well I should think so...it was last night!
    Me: You're complaining about something that happened last night?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Did you speak to anyone last night?
    Sc: No...it was a bit crowded at the bar.
    Me: Do you have your reciept from your meal?
    SC: No. Why would I keep that?
    Me: Well, I need it to confirm that you actually ate here. Is there anyone here that served you last night?
    SC: Didn't you serve us???
    Me: No, I was off last night.
    SC: I'm sure it was you.
    Me: Is there anyone here that you recognise?
    SC: Just you.
    Me: Ok...I don't think there is very much I can do for you. I can pass on your complaints to the management and the cooks...but that is about it.
    SC: No refund?
    Me: No sir, as I said, you have no reciept. We need proof that you were actually here last night.
    SC: You're the proof!
    Me: I am afraid I am not sir, this time last night I was about fifty miles away visiting my parents.
    SC: So...
    Me: So I'm afraid thats all I can do for you.
    SC: Fine then, but I'm not surprised this place is going to the dogs!

Yes, we would be going to the dogs if we handed people out free money!

Me: I am afraid I am not sir, this time last night I was about fifty miles away visiting my parents.
    Oh, dear! The stupidity!

Comment

Ah, but the customer's always right! Hand him "invisible money." When he asks if this is a joke, say "No sir. You have an apparently invisible receipt, so here's some invisible money."
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Oh ffs. If you're foods broken complain at the time, don't finish it or run away to come back later.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

You ever had one of those strange phenomenons happen where you're actually in two places at once?

Yeah, me neither. What a couple of idiots.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I used to get this all time from customers. They were there a few days ago and received either (a) horrible service, or (b) awful tasting food. They never informed their waiter, never kept their receipt and never said anything to the cashier when they paid. But suddenly after giving it some thought, they felt they deserved compensation after the fact. So with no proof that they even bought food, they'd demand a refund. When they were denied for said reasons listed above, they'd scream it was (a) poor customer service, or (b) it was because they were black (this happens more often in Los Angeles than you'd imagine, believe me. And you know they'd be back next week to buy food there again cause we were just that good.

Stupid people.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

"I'm sure you'd fit right in then..."

Ok I wouldn't really say that... but I might think it

Comment

Or better yet, once they leave, start playing "Who Let The Dogs Out?"
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Normal shift, everything is going smoothly. A co-worker comes up to me.

SC: Well I should think so...it was last night!
                  Me: You're complaining about something that happened last night?
                  SC: Yes.
                  Me: Did you speak to anyone last night?
                  Sc: No...it was a bit crowded at the bar.
                  Me: Do you have your reciept from your meal?
                  SC: No. Why would I keep that?
                  Me: Well, I need it to confirm that you actually ate here. Is there anyone here that served you last night?
                  SC: Didn't you serve us???
                  Me: No, I was off last night.
                  SC: I'm sure it was you.
                  Me: Is there anyone here that you recognise?
                  SC: Just you.
                  Me: Ok...I don't think there is very much I can do for you. I can pass on your complaints to the management and the cooks...but that is about it.
                  SC: No refund?
                  Me: No sir, as I said, you have no reciept. We need proof that you were actually here last night.

Yes, we would be going to the dogs if we handed people out free money!
                  I KNOW you were there

...I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, but that was the most awesome way to come back without becoming mean and snotty. yay!

Comment

Scammers ... losers.

If there's a problem with my food, I'll mention it right away. And, I'll do it in such a way to help prevent some sucky worker from spitting on my food.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

SC: Well, our food was awful. The fries were hard, our burgers were undercooked, it was cold, just not very nice at all!
                      Burgers undercooked...

. . .

. . .

. . .

Nope, can't imagine that one at all.

Other than that, it makes no sense to NOT send food back that is not worth eating. Even IF I have problems with my food, such as my beef being overcooked, I'll say something then and there, even if I do go ahead and eat it (I generally will eat it rather than waiting for them to cook another of whatever it is).

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                        I used to get this all time from customers. They were there a few days ago and received either (a) horrible service, or (b) awful tasting food. They never informed their waiter, never kept their receipt and never said anything to the cashier when they paid. But suddenly after giving it some thought, they felt they deserved compensation after the fact. So with no proof that they even bought food, they'd demand a refund. When they were denied for said reasons listed above, they'd scream it was (a) poor customer service, or (b) it was because they were black (this happens more often in Los Angeles than you'd imagine, believe me. And you know they'd be back next week to buy food there again cause we were just that good.

Stupid people.
                        Try South Florida...there's a bevy of SC's there.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Along those lines:

When I was still working at Pizza Hut, I got a call from a guy wanting a free pizza. He claimed he got it delivered the night before, it was wrong-cold-covered-with-dead-spiders-blahblahblahwhiningcakes.

Anyway, he wanted a free pizza delivered, because he called the night before and the "dude" told him to just call anytime for a free pizza and he wanted one. Now. Problem. This was at noon, we didn't deliver until 4:30, and it was just me, a server and a cook. Can't spare anybody to run it to him. I asked him if he could come get it.

Cue heavy dramatic sigh. And he asks where we're located.

I tell him we're on the edge of town, just across from the Cedar Mall.

He expressed much puzzlement, and said he ain't never heard of no "Cedar Mall."

I asked him, carefully, "Sir, how familiar are you with Owatonna?"

And he replied, shocked, "Owatonna? I ain't in no damn Owatonna, I'm in Northfield!"

I said, "So, you got a pizza delivered from our Northfield store last night, huh?'

"Yeah."

And I said, "No, no you didn't."

"Well, are you calling me a liar! I called there last night and got the wrong damn pizza."

"No, impossible, that store closed six months ago. You called an empty building with a disconnected phone line. Perhaps you called Domino's."

"Uhh, yeah, yeah I'll try them. Thanks anyway."

"Not at all, sir."
                          I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Riiiiight. Even if you had been there (which, of course, you weren't, as you'd already pointed out), are you supposed to remember every single person you've ever served?! Or even every single person in one night? Sorry, photographic memory and perfect recall are not requirements for working in a restaurant.

And, as others have correctly pointed out, if there's a problem with the food, you mention it at the time, you don't wait until the next day. Either they're scammers or they're stupid. I'd say they're both.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              Riiiiight. Even if you had been there (which, of course, you weren't, as you'd already pointed out), are you supposed to remember every single person you've ever served?!)
                              "But you're s'posed to remember MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! And what I had when I last came in during the Eisenhower administration thirty years before you were even BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNN!"

I think it's just that some folks just can't process the fact that there are all those other, you know, PEOPLE that come into the average store every day, and after awhile they all kinda blend together into one big kinda bland customer mass.
                              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X