This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites The Dust

very sad tonight..Last night, went out to feed my bunny Gizmo & found our neighbor's dog in her enclosure. Dog had broken Gizzy's neck & was standing over her body when I got out there *sigh*. So, yet another bunny goes to the Rainbow Bridge. My mom & step-dad buried her along w/ her stuffed bunny that we got her for her first Christmas this past

Binky free little Gizzy, mommy loves & misses you so much. Mommy's so sorry she wasn't there to help when you needed me & I hope you forgive me. I hope that they feed you endless crackers there (Gizmo loved eating Saltine crackers lol)
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Oh man *offers hugs and whatever you need* my condolences on your lost. *offers more hugs*
    Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

as for guilt.... that falls on your NEIGHBOR'S heads for not keeping their dog under control.

Comment

thanks guys...This is not the first time that this particular dog has come into our yard so it's not a strange dog to us. Just never in a million years would have thought it would be able to get into the enclosure. I had gone out earlier to give Gizmo a couple of crackers (God she loved her cracker snacks so) & so that was why I went out later that evening was to give her, her dinner chow-chow. I didn't have a flashlight on me but I had turned on the spotlight on the side of the house so I had a little bit of light, when I walked up close to the side of the pen I knew something wasn't right (ya know when you watch shows like 'NCIS' & they get to the crime scene & the room has been 'tossed'?) that's what it looked like, her cage had been shoved out towards the middle of the pen & then I saw the dog staring at me & I KNEW Shitty thing is, I can talk to the owners of the dog, but the damage has already been done so there isn't anything they can really do. Cussing them out isn't gonna bring my baby girl back

Comment

*offers more hugs* Ive never been good with the loss of a pet, but remember, you loved her and she loved you.
          Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

If this has happened before, you could always get them to put the dog on a chain. And maybe tip off whoever is in charge of the neighborhood about the dog getting into other lawns.

That's all I can offer, sweetie. I know it's hard... But it sounds like you made her days wonderful while she was around. That's how you need to remember her.
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

yeah...apparently I had it wrong, originally I thought it was a beagle named Daisy that got Gizzy (this was the one that had come into our yard before & because I only got a glance & not a good look plus it was dark) but it was not the same dog. This was an english bulldog type & I dunno who it belongs to.

Gizzy was such a sweet little thing, we got her at a pet store ( I know, I know) when she was just a few weeks old. We originally thought she was a 'he' but after several weeks & no sign of manly bits, yup it was a girl (we got her to be a companion for my boy bunny, Peanut, but he disappeared a couple of days after July the fourth ) I named her Gizmo after the Mogwai Gizmo from "Gremlins" & always said she even had her own theme song from the movie. She loved being held, would come to greet you at the cage door when you walked into the room hoping for a rubbing or a cracker (yes, she loved to eat Saltine crackers, I know it prolly wasn't good for her but she loved them so, if I left a package on top of the cage she would try to pull it through the bars ) She was a kisser too, she would give kisses on the lips, would clean your face if you stood still long enough

She was my baby girl, my heart bunny & it kills me to know she'll never see another birthday (she was an Easter baby) or Christmas (had her first this past year) because someone couldn't keep their dog in their own yard

Geez, sorry this was so long, didn't mean to write a novel

Edit: here is a pic of a rabbit that I found online that looks similar to Gizmo, it's the brown one, she had the same coloring except no black & she was a bit smaller
              Attached Files
              Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Working...
              X