This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python

Anyone use Python? I've been taking some tutorials online to try and make games.

Funnily enough, I made a tic-tac-toe game and in my head, I heard, "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Python? Keep your Johnson well hidden when it's slithering around, as I told my friend after he gently pried fangs out of his heel.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Python? Keep your Johnson well hidden when it's slithering around, as I told my friend after he gently pried fangs out of his heel.
      import groan

def bad_puns(self, groan)

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
        "Or to be player one"

Comment

See, I saw the thread title and my brain immediately started on Monty Python. I need to go lie down in a quiet room until I've stopped going "Ni"
          "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Python uses concepts from Monty Python. Instead of using foo, bar, or baz, it uses spam, ham, and spam.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              Anyone use Python? I've been taking some tutorials online to try and make games.

Funnily enough, I made a tic-tac-toe game and in my head, I heard, "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
              I've been trying to learn Python over the last few months. I like it so far, though it's a little different from Java. I still prefer strongly typed languages (if I define an int I want it to always behave like an int, I don't want the compiler to take its best guess), but being able to run code from the command shell without compiling is great, and not having to futz around with main methods or arguments is very useful for small programs. Only thing I dislike is having to add locations to the PATH in order to import my files, and having to define instance variables with self.name. Overall, I've been impressed, it's a great utility and scripting language.

Comment

There's quite a lot of material available targeting the Raspberry Pi, much of which involves Python programming. It's a reasonably good starter language.

Comment

Go check out code academy (http://www.codecademy.com).

It has been one of my personal favorites as far as great resources for training.

Comment

Hmm...that's pretty useful!

Comment

Working...
                    X