This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Everyone; need help finding website.

Okay, so a while back I saw someone post a link to a website that had those re-usable grocery totes. They had sets where the bags would fold down nice and tiny.

I think it was Seshat or one of our other awesome Aussie posters, but I just can NOT find the website again and I kind-of really need a set of bags for my car. I'm sick of killing the environment because I'm too absent minded.

I really liked the things I saw on the website so...

Can anyone remember/find/repost the link? Maybe? Please?
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Chicobag perhaps? http://www.chicobag.com/

I have one that stuffs up small enough to fit on a keychain.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

How big does it unfold to though? And how much can it carry?

It's not exactly pretty but I just got one from Aldi last week thinking it was a regular grocery-bag size. Holy crap this thing is big. It looks like it would hold 2-3 grocery bags.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        How big does it unfold to though? And how much can it carry?

It's not exactly pretty but I just got one from Aldi last week thinking it was a regular grocery-bag size. Holy crap this thing is big. It looks like it would hold 2-3 grocery bags.
        I need to get back to an Aldi. My last one fell apart. They are truly humungous, but the register folks seem to be at a loss on how full to stuff it. And for some reason my other half seems hellbent on buying Target out of their stock on re-usable flags. so I just make do with those.
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

but the register folks seem to be at a loss on how full to stuff it.
          And at Aldi you won't have to worry about that cos you bag it yourself

which reminds me, I do have some of those cute shrinkable bags, that fold up into themselves. They had them at Wegman's. IIRC they're big enough to hold a single pumpkin ... eh, a medium-large one I suppose. The truly gigantic ones, no. but then again those wouldn't fit in regular bags either anyway

When it folds up ... it wouldn't work on a keychain, but it is pocket-sized at least. Well coat-pocket that is.

Comment

Probably not the ones you are looking for, but I like these. Check out the reusable produce bags. The store logo bags are dirt cheap and STURDY. We stuff them with 2L bottles of soda.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              Probably not the ones you are looking for, but I like these. Check out the reusable produce bags. The store logo bags are dirt cheap and STURDY. We stuff them with 2L bottles of soda.

I need to get some of those produce bags. I hate those plastic bags.

Most of my bags are from wegmans; they don't fold up tiny, though. They're shaped like regular paper bags but with handles and are pretty sturdy. I also have a couple of others I got there that do fold up into their own pocket (probably what PepperElf was referring to) and they're about 4x6 inches or so when folded. They're more like plastic bags in shape (so less structured; I like the others for when I have bottles and whatnot that I don't want tipping over in the car). Don't know if I've seen the pocket ones recently but I might look again since two of my bags recently had to be retired (one ripped a seam at the bottom and the other broke a strap, but I've had them for well over a year, which I'd say isn't too bad for a buck).
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

These perhaps ?

http://www.squidoo.com/fold-up-groce...ocket-or-purse

http://www.dhgate.com/fashion-big-sh...8,1,1#cppd-1-1

Comment

I guess I'm lucky. My cool aunt takes my big fabric scraps and sews shopping bags out of them.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Ha! I found it:

https://baggu.com/
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

$9?! You can get a reusable shopping bag from CVS for $.99, or one that folds down to wallet size for $3.99!
                      Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                        $9?! You can get a reusable shopping bag from CVS for $.99, or one that folds down to wallet size for $3.99!
                        That disintegrate into nothing-ness once tossed into the washing machine...

Comment

They sell them by the truckloads over here since in my state selling the bog-standard plastic bags are illegal. You can sell one of FOUR types:

-Thick, glossy department-store esque plastic bags. (So basically the bags that most department stores use)
                          -Reusable bags. (including calico)
                          -Paper bags.
                          -Biodegradable bags that are required to meet a certain standard.

Generally speaking, most places offer a combination of the reusable bags and one other mix. For instance, the two major supermarket chains over here sell the reusable bags and the thick plastic bags, while the two major discount variety chains use a mixture of reusable and paper/plastic. One teenage clothing chain actually uses the reusable cloth bags as their "major" bag, meaning you get them for free. I remember one girl actually made an entire dress from them.

They tend to breed like rabbits, those bags. >_>
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                            That disintegrate into nothing-ness once tossed into the washing machine...

and they do need to be washed regularly, there was a recent study about cross contamination, and food borne illness linked to reusable shopping bags. they harbor horrid amounts of salmonella, fecal coliforms, and e.coli. and apparently norovirus(bag tested positive two weeks later)
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                            X