This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing advice time again...

This time I think I've narrowed down a "reward" program for my business.

Kinda a referral thing...

heres what I have so far..
    • client refers someone who spends $50, client recieves $5 credit for next purchase of their own.
    • client refers someone who spends $100, client gets free shipping on their next order of $50 ($100 is "normal" for free shipping)

Thoughts?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Speaking from our clients, they tend to use referral coupon codes that grant % based discounts. When you set an arbitrary value like $5, people see.....$5. When you a % discount people see a possibility that encourages them to spend more.

$5 is $5. 10% off is a possibility. The more you buy the more you maximum that possibility. $5 goes down in value the larger the purchase they make. A % goes UP in value the larger a purchase they make. I'd say you'd prefer to encourage larger purchases, no?

Also, unrelated side note, your website background really needs to be changed to match your product background. It looks unprofessional ( No offence ). Additionally, dark backgrounds are not exactly a great idea for a sales page. There's a reason every major retailer uses a white background with specific colour accents. Different colours involve different psychological reactions. Marketing firms know this all too well.

There's a reason sale signs are red or orange or why security companies and financial institutes like blue and green.

Comment

I see what your saying...but that may end up costing me more then I can currectly afford.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
        I see what your saying...but that may end up costing me more then I can currectly afford.
        The promotion or the changing the website? -.-

If its the promotion, I wouldn't be putting together a rewards system just yet to begin with. A rewards system needs a solid consumer base of frequent customers to support it. Because you need to make back the loss of profit margin through a higher sales volume.

If its the website, that simple of a change isn't a huge undertaking.

Comment

Businesses require some investment to make any sort of a profit, hon. That's why you have tax writeoffs.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
          X