This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google-Fu masters! I need your aid!

Can anyone find me something like this but sold in America? (either the sleeve or the sleeve/guard)

(the Euro/dollar exchange is not in my favor at the moment, and I'm poor)
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Take your pick?

>.>

Comment

My problem with standard arm guards is they protect the inner wrist, and I have mutant arms where the inside of my elbow faces up when I hold a bow, so the string hits right on the side of my elbow (bone, in other words) and never approaches my wrist. If I wear a standard arm guard where it protects the part the string hits, there's a chance the string goes under the guard.

My arm is on the right.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Wife has the exact same problem. Bruised the hell out of her elbow the first time I took her shooting. Her mother thought I was abusing her.

You really need to work on keeping your arm straight and your elbow out. Even with an armgard, having the bowstring hit your arm will affect your aim. Here are some tips. By the way, that link is critiquing Hawkeye's archery skills from the Avengers movie.

Until you master that, you will need to protect your elbow. Have you considered making your own? I seem to recall that you do some costuming. I would use a light weight leather. Find a way to keep it snug, and back with a piece of plastic. Pick up a thin plastic "For Sale" sign at the hardware store. Also, start it on your upper arm and end it at the "point" on your elbow that is getting hit. That way you can still bend your elbow.

Have fun.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

that is why I had a massive bruise when I took archery in college?!?! I had to have an offset stance to get it to stop. If I ever take it up again I will know to protect that part.

and I second csquared suggestion of making it yourself.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I did some looking and while I couldn't find one like you had listed, I did find a couple that covered the upper arm that may work. From what I've seen arm guards for Long Bow archers cover more of the arm.
            http://www.midwayusa.com/product/859...polyester-camo
            http://www.lancasterarchery.com/cata...rdian+armguard
            http://www.thelongbowshop.com/produc...ong-Black.html

Comment

I just finished a leather sleeve that should work. We'll see.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                that is why I had a massive bruise when I took archery in college?!?!
                Yup. As the article points out, you need to turn the bottom of your bow hand out. I have seen archers shoot with the palm of their bow hand facing down. You don't need to grip the bow tightly. Just hold it in the "V" of your thumb and wrap your index finger around it.

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                I just finished a leather sleeve that should work. We'll see.
                The leather will help with the abrasion. You may need to add a rigid backing. Sort of the bullet proof vest concept. Spread the impact over a larger area.

Let us know how it works.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

$16 cheap enough?
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                  X