Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband said the sweetest thing....

Last night I was feeling like a burden.

Me: Love, do you mind caring for me?
    Him: Of course not.

A pause while I tried to think of how to phrase the question.

Me: If you had a choice between caring for me and doing anything else, what would you choose?
    Him: Honey, I make that choice every day.

Awwwwww.

(We've been together - with me sick - for over twenty years. And he's made that choice every day for more than twenty years. I'm in tears - happy tears - just typing this out.)
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

What a beautiful thing to say. You're a lucky, lucky person. And he's a lucky man, too.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

That put tears in my eyes, too. He's a keeper!!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Wow, what a sweetie!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A couple of relevant songs by Debi Smith, Bitchin' Babe soprano extraordinaire:

Marry Me Again

Intertwined

I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            He's a keeper!!
            Oh yes he is.

He's - objectively - not the most handsome man. He's got his faults. He can be terribly messy.

But oh his good points soooo much more than make up for it.

He's a keeper for as long as he chooses to care for me.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

d'awwwwww

That's just plain beautiful, Seshat.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

It is never pleasant to think "I am a burden on others." Every day it seems I get weaker, the pain seems to get worse, and my mind seems to slip a little more. Doctors can not figure out what the heck is wrong with me, for all I know..might just be in my head. Having somebody who loves you to take care of you is a wonderful, great thing. Something to be cherished.

I wish I could take your pain from you, but alas I can not. Your husband is an awesome person, thank him for me...and for the rest of us who have to rely on others. *hugs*
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh wow. That just brought me to tears. I feel like such a burden to my husband sometimes for issues that are quite different than yours. I'm amazed that he puts up with me, but he does and makes it clear that he loves me very much.

Your husband sounds like a very sweet person. I'm glad you've got someone who loves and cares for you like that.
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                  X