Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space art fans, need help locating something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space art fans, need help locating something...

I had a space-themed wallpaper downloaded a couple of years ago that showed a desert scene with a futuristic glass building, built into the side of a cliff. There was a space shuttle-type craft flying over the building, and the whole pic had a sort of reddish tinge to it (possibly meant to be on Mars?). I deleted it by mistake and haven't been able to find it since. Popular Screensavers wants you to download their tool bar before you can search their site, and I really don't want to do that (plus last time I looked, they didn't have it anyway). Desktop Starships doesn't have it either.

Does this pic sound familiar to anyone?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Well, I can't really help you with the specific image, as I don't have the time right now to run a proper search, but HERE's a link to a free sci-fi/sci-fantasy wallpaper gallery for your perusal.

Even if you don't find what you're looking for, I'm sure there are a few things there that might catch your fancy.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Even if you don't find what you're looking for, I'm sure there are a few things there that might catch your fancy.

^-.-^
      No kidding! You could get lost in there for months! Wow, some seriously nice stuff in there.

Comment

Well, I can't really help you with the specific image, as I don't have the time right now to run a proper search, but HERE's a link to a free sci-fi/sci-fantasy wallpaper gallery for your perusal.

^-.-^
        Thanks, Andara, looks like some great stuff in there. I'll have a look.

I don't expect anyone to do my searching for me, just kinda hoped somebody might recognize the description if they happened to have the pic in their own collection. But I'll keep searching. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          But I'll keep searching. Thanks for the link!
          and here's another-found some pics vaguely similar to your description, but none of them "fit"(building with shuttle, but over water and not red, desert and shuttle but no building...)
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Just had to say those are some BEAUTIFUL wallpapers! I'm going to be saving some.

I just wish that a wallpaper that I have wanted for years was available. Basically its the ending scene from the movie "The Quiet Earth" when Hobson is on the beach and you see a Saturn-like planet rising from the horizon. Unfortunately before it reaches zenith (best view) credits start rolling so a screen cap is worthless. *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hnfTqQKO0
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Are you speaking of the image on THIS page? Unfortunately, not wallpaper sized.

Also, is it terrible of me that I notice that the shadow on the planet shows the light is coming from the right of the viewpoint, but the shadow of the man has the light coming from directly ahead?

[edit to add] A larger screen cap just before the credits interfere.

[edit#2 to add] Ah, here we go. A large enough image to be used for wallpaper.

^-.-^
              Last edited by Andara Bledin; 04-07-2012, 11:07 PM.
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                and here's another-found some pics vaguely similar to your description, but none of them "fit"(building with shuttle, but over water and not red, desert and shuttle but no building...)
                That's another good site! I bookmarked it. I'll have to go through it slowly to look. Thanks!

Comment

Are you speaking of the image on THIS page? Unfortunately, not wallpaper sized.

Also, is it terrible of me that I notice that the shadow on the planet shows the light is coming from the right of the viewpoint, but the shadow of the man has the light coming from directly ahead?

[edit to add] A larger screen cap just before the credits interfere.

[edit#2 to add] Ah, here we go. A large enough image to be used for wallpaper.

^-.-^
                  Thank you - both are very nice!!!
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X