Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. My husband and I have been together for almost 11 years. It's not that big a step. I moved to the US to be with my husband whose an American. We've been married 5 years (6 in June).

Today my new Revenue Manager told me that I'm catching on really fast, and he usually only has to tell me something once or twice and I get it. And a very big group account told me that he was told by the front desk that I'm the new Sales Manager (I'm not, I'm the Sales Assistant but they don't have a Sales Manager right now).

Now add to that that the Revenue Manager just told me that he's going to teach me to be a Sales Manager, and he's coaching me how to make rate calls, deal with the contracts, etc...

I think I finally finally might have gotten my break.

It's strange though, I've been feeling rather like an animal thats been kicked too many times. Even the smallest praise from them just means so much, yet I don't trust a word of it. I feel like I'm waiting for the hammer to drop on my head all the time. All of it is almost surreal.

I really need to get over that. But it has only been 5 days after all.

Comment

Congratulations! You did a great job of finding a new one so quickly.

It kinda sounds like they're already gearing you up for a promotion.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure it feels wonderful to have some validation that you are awesome and great at what you do.

Going from a really toxic environment like the one you were in can really color your perception of people so it is no surprise that you are a little paranoid right now. That will fade, just give it time.

Comment

what fantastic news. congrats on the new job

Comment

You will not believe this. The entire sales staff left right before i started tbis job. Now the revenue manager (who does everything here) is leaving to move to a new country. He has told the owners that i am bright and catch on quick and thst in a couple months they should make me a full sales manager with all the benefits of the position because he thinks i have a very bright future.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
              You will not believe this. The entire sales staff left right before i started tbis job.
              The sales staff of your new job? Hmm. That's a little odd.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                The sales staff of your new job? Hmm. That's a little odd.
                Yeah, and I know why too. I talked to one of the front desk clerks who says that everyone leaves sooner or later. She's been there almost a year and has seen people just walk out, though she says the sales staff all left for different reasons (like much higher paying jobs elsewhere).

Really not good.

But at this moment, I don't really care. No one has been rude to me or anything. Frankly, I'm getting some fabulous training from the Revenue Manager who tends to tell me how great I am at least once a day (today he told a major account that I'm "awesome" in an email and copied me on it). Its going to suck when he leaves. The reason he's leaving is that his significant other got a job in China or he'd stay.

Honestly, even if I only last 6 months, I can add Sales Assistant to my resume, and possibly even Sales Manager if what the Revenue Manager has told the owners becomes a reality. Its a major jump in my title, and skills and I will walk away with alot more than I did the last job.

Comment

Ok, so the newest developments...

The first is that my husband is being laid off. Tomorrow is his last day. And there is nothing out there in my industry. He's extremely upset, and so am I. This effectively cuts our money by more than half.

The second is that we have officially opened a business in hospitality consulting, revenue management, and office administration (called virtual assistant). But I've been so busy that its been hard to get our website up and running and now I don't know how we're going to fund advertisements and things. If we didn't have savings in the bank, we'd be totally screwed right now. But we are both sick to death of the way we get treated by other bosses, its time to be our own boss. On the plus side, he now has the time to do cold calling.

The third is that this job isn't working out to be what I thought it was. I have three times the amount of work than I did at the last job. Its so busy that I have no downtime at all. In fact, I'm so busy that my left hand twitches almost constantly uncontrollably whenever I'm sitting at a computer. My only saving grace is that my new sales manager is very cool. The owners of this new company are people that I want to smack. I was hired to be a Sales Assistant (a much better position), but I'm a Reservations Agent with the Sales Assistant title, which I've been trying to move away from. I'm almost as miserable here as I was at the other place.

And get this... my sister, nephew, and stepdad are coming to see me on Friday. This is their first time here, and I haven't seen them in a year and a half, and it was 3 years before that. I wanted to move my schedule so I come in early by an hour for the last two days of this week and stay till my regular time. That way I can take Monday off so I have three days to spend with my family who I have missed horribly. The owner told me "Your hours are your hours. We don't need you earlier. You can take the day off, but you won't get paid for it".

I want to cry. I'm so tired of being treated like dirt and taken advantage of every job I go to. The only job I've been ever treated with value at is my last job back in Canada. Right now, I want to quit and work on my own business, but we need money coming in from somewhere.

I got so burned by the last job that I haven't trusted this one since I started. Turns out I was right.

There's more but I've run out of time.

Comment

I am sorry. You have my sympathy.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

So sorry to hear that, Moirae. /hugs/
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

late to the party but very happy you have a great job!!

ETA - woops that will teach me to just read the OP!

Im sorry to hear it isn't going well
                        Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2012, 06:14 AM.
                        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Aww, I'm sorry your treatment went downhill.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Mini update is that my wonderful family left today. Had so much fun while they were here. My husband insisted tat I take last Monday of in spite if the money. I'm so tired there aren't words but it was so totally worth it.

Thing is that I have the beginnings of a cold. Good thing its so quiet today a work or Id probably have laryngitis by the end of the day and id be out of work till Monday or later. Hope it stays this way.

Probably from the tour through the swamp since I sarted to feel bad right after. It was so much fun.

Still though... all worth it.

Comment

Working...
                            X