X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Men Season 5 - Premiere

Anyone?

I was disappointed, yet intrigued. Matt Weiner remains a genius, but I *hate* Megan and I get the feeling he's trying to force the audience to like her.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

I had no problem with Megan (Zou Bisou Bisou was awesome!), but after the last couple of episodes, I think I'm over her. Holy shit, she's annoying. When you are so cold you make BETTY look like a ray of sunshine, that's pretty bad.

Also, I like Fat Betty WAY better-she's still an ice queen, but the second episode made me feel more sympathy for her than I have in a while. I was totally on Team Betty during the divorce, but I can't stand how badly she was treating Sally all the time.

And HOLY FUCK JOAN, I am SO HAPPY to see her kick Dr. Rapist to the curb! What an asshat! I can't wait until he finds out the baby isn't his!

(ilovethisshow!)
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
      I had no problem with Megan (Zou Bisou Bisou was awesome!), but after the last couple of episodes, I think I'm over her. Holy shit, she's annoying. When you are so cold you make BETTY look like a ray of sunshine, that's pretty bad.
      I didn't hate her at first. I really just thought her childish. But after her little performance in the elevator with the pushy ex-side piece...OMG. Tapping your foot and pouting? Really? Who, exactly, did you think you were marrying? Some 24 year old choir boy?

I wasn't shocked Joan kicked him to the curb, but I WAS shocked that she referenced the rape. Why in God's name did she marry him if she truly felt as horrified as the audience did? Either way, though - I'm so glad she did!
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think Don has been delusional for quite some time. His little freakout with the fictional floozy may have driven the point home, but I think I'm going to have to go back a bunch of episodes and *really* focus on his behavior. Megan seemed ok at first, but when he took her to CA with the kids, I felt like he was seeing her as freakin' Maria Von Trapp, or maybe a Disney Princess. A ring and a few months later and she's acting like a pouty little bitch!

I wanted to like her after her burlesque bit, I really did. I felt bad that everyone was giving her shit about the party, and I even wanted to like her little freakout while cleaning up the apartment. That was all over after the Fat Betty episode though-I like that she seems to be nice to the children, but I thought her attitude about Betty calling Don during her cancer scare was total bullshit. I get it, you're both remarried and I wouldn't like it much if my husband was calling his ex wife to chat all the time, but they weren't calling to shoot the shit... she was being TESTED FOR CANCER. She had every right to call Don about it because HELLO, they have three freaking kids together! If she had an extended illness, it affects *everything*. Grow the fuck up, Megan.

Also, I'm not so sure that Betty *doesn't* have cancer. I think she's lying about the doctor diagnosing her as benign. Either that, or they'll come back later and say she was misdiagnosed and it's malignant. I don't know why, I just have a feeling.

On a related note, I want to like Henry, I really, really do. Sometimes he does or says something that I would find annoying if I were Don (like telling him to get his crap out of the garage to make room for a boat, or lying to Betty about Don calling to check on her), but it's nothing that's been earth shattering enough to really piss me off. I think he's just a bit of an awkward guy who married into an even more awkward situation and he's doing the best he can. I just hope they keep it that way.
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
        X