This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Stinkies

Does anyone else like to shop at Yankee Candle?

This weekend, they had a sale on their "tarts" and the stuff to go with it. It's like a candle warmer, but without needing electricity. I bought a smaller unit than my mom, it's just like a vase looking thing with a hole in the bottom for an unscented tea candle, and the "tart" goes on the top, and it melts and permeates scent as it melts. You can keep re-melting the same tart quite a few times, as long as it solidifies and sits a while in between. I only bought 5, so I'm trying to make each one last a while. All you have to do when you want to get rid of them is put the unit in the freezer for a few minutes, then you should be able to just pop the hardended wax out. I thought for a moment of putting the old tart in the sink or somewhere inconspicious, because it still smells pretty decent.

I love the Blueberry Scone scent. Oh my gosh, it's so deceiving, it smells just like someone is making blueberry muffins in the kitchen. And since my apartment is so small, that smell permeates all over within minutes of it starting to melt.

I also got a few car air fresheners, those little jars that hang from your mirror. Clean Cotton smells just like clean laundry, almost like Tide or Gain detergent.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Oh wow, I remember the Yankee Candle in Charleston. (Although, JEEZ, people in the area cranked about that name.) I'd walk past their doors just because it smelled so nice!

...and then scuttle off because no southern gal in her right mind would be caught dead near a YANKEE candle. <.<
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I LOVE candles. And incense burning. And oil burners. Drives my boyfriend nuts that we have so many candles. The room spray scents are awesome too; they linger forever.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I need to pick up some more candles - I had 2 large jar candles - but they're autumn scents - i need spring/summer ones (Fall leaves and Burning Hearth) but I'm picky - I don't like "sticky" smells.... I'd probably like the blueberry scones one....

I also need to pick up some plain white unscented ones for my candelabra... burning 5 scented candles in a 600 sqft apt is a bit much - I can usually get away with 2 scents at once....
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

When we visit the outlet mall, Yankee Candles is one of Mrs. TGK's indespensible stops. She picks up some votives and a few jar candles.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh, gods, Yankee Candle. The crack of candles . . . Bed, Bath and Beyond around here stocks them. I am simply unable to get out of there without a bag of candles.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              All you have to do when you want to get rid of them is put the unit in the freezer for a few minutes, then you should be able to just pop the hardended wax out.
              I never thought about this option so thanks I have one that the wax pop right out of the second it's hard and so I had been avoiding using my other warmer since I didn't know the best least messy route for removing the old stuff.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I know its not Yankee Candles, but have you guys smelled the Honeysuckle candles at Walmart? Holy mother, its like being dropped straight back into the South in seconds.

Comment

Honeysuckle, Gardenia, and Jasmin all give me headaches.... Lavender has to be mixed with something - I like it with lemon, also with sandalwood, - but if its too powdery - not a fan, same with rose - I want it to smell like mom's garden, not super sticky sweet, or powdery - just rose; it doesn't happen very often.... >.<
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

D'awww.....I love the southern flower scents. Heck, I use to stash bundles of the honeysuckle vines in my room way back when, to make it smell nice. XD

Heck, magnolia is awesome too. I wonder if they make a candle for that. <.<

Comment

My mom still tells the story about how when she went to market and nearly got sweet-talked into being the first Yankee candle rep in OKC. She was all ready to go for it too, until she looked and saw the initial display and order was $10,000.

So now she bitches and moans about what a rip-off they are. I burn them in my house.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        ... I burn them in my house.
                        To keep evil spirits away?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Keeps my mom from visiting, so.....

yes.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I can never find a rose candle that I like, so my garden is full of roses and there's a small posy in the kitchen everyday. I like to burn vanilla and strawberry candles at the same time, it mixes with the rose scents and smells amazing.

Osaka Cherry Blossom candles (Dusk) are my favourite! One of my friends gave me a huge one for a birthday present and I've been addicted ever since.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I love Yankee Candles (and similar)...I don't buy them too much, though, because my husband is sensitive to strong scents. (So that's another thing on my list if I ever leave him...start burning all my candles again! )
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X