This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas came early for somebody

With all the kvetching I'm doing about my current job, we do, once in a while, get some nice stories out of it.

Had a guy come up to me the other day clutching a part of his receipt in one hand. For a week or so, if you spent $100 or more, you got a coupon on your receipt that entitled you to $25 off another $100+ purchase. It was valid only for the first week of November.

Really Great Customer: "Hi! I got one of these the other day, and we've bought everything we need for now. By the time we come back here, this coupon will be void. What I'm wondering ... can I give this to somebody else?"

Me: "Um, sure! We don't ask for proof of ownership. That coupon's valid no matter who hands it in."

RGC: "Great!" And off he went in search of a recipient.

Apparently he found one too: as he was leaving the store a while later, he let me know that he'd found somebody with a cart full of stuff and handed the coupon over to them.

Dear RGC:
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Now THAT is a nice person. Wow.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So shines a good deed in a weary world...
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Is he single?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Is he single?
          Dammit, I never thought to ask!

He did say "WE'VE bought everything WE need for now" so ... probably not.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

We all need to hear about some good kind nice people to offset all the morons and entitled jerks we deal with. Thanks for the smile.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
            X