This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cook blues

So we've had the new cook at the diner for a few days now & she's starting to get on my nerves...lol.
    She came up to me on the FIRST day & said that some of the stuff I clean at the sink I could clean using the dish machine. I wanted to tell her that yeah I could but I do it cause I want to & what's it to you anyway?
    She claims that by cleaning the utensils in the dish machine that it could make my job faster. No. It would make my job slower cause I'd have to scrub the damn things & on busy days I have to be as fast as passible to keep up with the plates, cups & silverware. I don't have time to be scrubbing away.
    She brings over the stuff anyway & rather than argue with her I do it BUT it slows me down. Ready to tell the boss that she's pissing me off. I have my own way of doing things & it works just fine. I don't need some "FNG" barking at me to do it their way. The boss likes the way I do my job. Long as he's happy then all is right in the diner world.
    So it was busy today & she calls my name, I look up, & she makes a face. then I look back to what I was doing. Then she snaps "YOU DON'T EVEN SMILE!!" I was like "WTF???"
    She's trying wayyyyyy too hard for me to like her & that, more than anything, puts my guard up.
    Almost makes me miss the old cook....ALMOST!...LOL!
Working...
X