Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:28 AM
I need a life

Advertising manager probably just misunderstood our gripes about co-workers, managers, and customers. After all, dealing with dopes at work COULD be interpreted as "having a dope problem".

Old 02-28-2017, 04:24 AM
Assistant Manager

Just letting you know where an add I cant tell u what it is and im on a work computer so a ss is not possible its white and like teal with a letter in a circle I think that is cut off so u can not see the full add not sure if its on my end or your end.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:05 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

If you can get a screenshot and PM that to PPE, that would help a lot (CTRL-PrtScr, then open Paint.exe and hit Paste/CTRL-V and save the result as an image file). Thanks!
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Empty (Promises?) Ads
Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Default Empty (Promises?) Ads

Like raw 1989, I've seen these. Also on my Ubuntu/Firefox rig a black background with a red arrow upper right and a rotating red ring of death centered.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Release the Snarken!

If anyone gets an autoplay video ad that keeps grabbing focus away from the cursor, say something here. PPE and I have been trying to track it down, but it doesn't load for either of us so he can't find out who it is.

There's a red triangular logo in the upper right of the ad, but we've had no luck figuring out what company it is.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 AM
Area Manager

I'm getting that autoplay video...it makes it almost impossible to post here anymore.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:27 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

MJ (and others) -- If it comes back again:

- Do you have any way of screen-recording a brief video of it?

- If you hover over it (DON'T CLICK! ), does the target URL appear at the bottom of the browser or anything? If so, can you please type it up & screenshot it?
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 04-02-2017, 03:06 AM
Area Manager

Looks like the spinning fortune cookie ad is gone now.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Area Manager

Now it's back. I can only post if I'm lucky enough to not have that ad playing when I click on a new subforum.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:23 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Ugh. Were you able to capture any video/a screenshot or any other info to help tack it down? ^_^;>

PS, In the meantime, please allow me to make a suggestion -- for everybody. Snag the free version of SpyBot: Search & Destroy, run the updates, and then run "Immunization." It sets up blacklists in certain browsers (IE/Edge and FF, unsure which others) and in your Windows HOSTS file which cause ads & popups from known malicious sites to simply redirect to "localhost" as their source...so, even if your browsers doesn't have its popup blocker turned on, the worst you'll get from a blacklisted site is a completely empty popup window. This would explain why I've never seen any such problematic ads, myself The spyware scanner itself is quite helpful, as well.

SpyBot itself is true freeware, no ads, no limited uses/expiration, no hidden "helper" programs (from what I've seen), etc., just make sure to DL it via Safer Networking, their publisher (link below). Worst it'll do is show a plain box attached to the main window offering an upgrade.

Worth a shot!

https://www.safer-networking.org/

Last edited by EricKei; 04-02-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Closed Thread