This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature length limits

Is there any hope of getting more than 200 characters of text to work with? I'd love to shuffle through more of the memorable lines I've seen on this forum, but only have a few that can fit two into the same signature, even by removing quotation marks and such.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

I've been able to squeeze four lines into that limit, but that's about it. Mine usually come in just under that. The restriction has been around since before I first signed up, presumably to keep things within a reasonable length. I wouldn't mind longer lines, while maintaining the 4-line limit.

Up to PPE
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Some girls are never happy.... I want to make it bigger...and...longer...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I ain't touching that one. For multiple reasons o_O
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I've increased the line length from 90 to 120 characters.
          I'm not sure what limits the number of lines, or overall length, yet... I'm still looking into that.

If the added characters begins to cause formatting issues on people's screens, I will have to dial it back, but with modern resolutions being higher than they used to be, I'm thinking that 120 should be safe.
          Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Appreciate the thought, but it's still complaining about overall character limit. Here's what I wanted to use:

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit
            "Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77
            Last edited by Seanette; 11-04-2016, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              Appreciate the thought, but it's still complaining about overall character limit. Here's what I wanted to use:

ok, I'll keep poking around to see if I can find what is controlling the overall limit.
              I'm sure that there is a setting; I just cannot find it - yet.
              Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

PPE - I think I found it via some old vbulletin help threads. Will PM you info, as only you can access it.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  PPE - I think I found it via some old vbulletin help threads. Will PM you info, as only you can access it.
                  Thank you. Got it updated.
                  You should be all set Seanette.
                  Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Thanks! That'll allow for more variety, and some of the better lines I've collected will fit a lot better.

Comment

NP I'm glad it worked!

The new limit should be 120 chars/ln (including markup -- no images nor for-profit links, as always, please), 400 total max, 4 lines max.

Comment

Working...
                      X