This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-inch Tablet reccommendation?

I've been looking to by a 7" tablet, and since I can't find a tablet that size with a stylus, I've pretty much narrowed the choices down to two: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Asus MeMO HD 7. I've ruled out other models because I want one with an SD card slot. Has anyone used either and liked/disliked them? Does anyone know of any particular reason to pick one over the other?
    I don't plan to do anything heavy-duty with it, mainly word-processing.
    Random Doctor Who quote:
    "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
    I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

My friend just got an Asus Nexus 7 and loves it. Can't comment on anything beyond that, as I have an iPad, and am not at all familiar with the tablets you mentioned.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm VERY happy with the Galaxy Note with stylus; does more than I could have imagined and is very user friendly!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You can get styluses separately. And I love the Asus MeMO HD 7.

MicroSD cards can get expensive. A 32GB one can be about $25...but if you're not careful, it'll be more like $70.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

This might be a very stupid question, but if I did get a tablet without a card slot, how would I get the files I wanted to work on on and off it? A cloud drive?
          Random Doctor Who quote:
          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

It's my understanding that the SD card is just for storage. Tablets have a data connector (usually proprietary for the "fruity" ones, some form of USB for others) that doubles as a charging socket, have WiFi connectivity, and some have the ability to use a SIM card to get data over a cellular network (subscription required).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I sell both of these at work and I'll tell that of all the 7 inches the samsung seems to have the best screen and when you're looking at the screen all the time that can be very important. In general of the android tablets the samsung seem to be the most popular choice.
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I have the original Nexus 7 myself and to be honest the lack of a memory card slot has never been an issue due to the large on-board memory and easy connectivity to my PC. My only issue with it is the lack of a rear-facing camera but I understand that's been changed on the new Nexus.

Comment

I got the samsung tab 3 10 inch for christmas and I love it. I would say the two models you like are pretty comparable.

Do you have a store near you with demos because the reason I decided on the tab 3 over the other models was how easy I found it to use. Plus I wanted accessories and the samsung was much better.

Keep in mind the 7 inch comes with 8gb storage and the 8 inch come with 16gb although I believe both come with SD slots that will take up to 64gb.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

No experience with the 7-inch, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 I picked up as a refurb has been really very good. I use it mostly to browse game books on RPG nights so I don't have to carry a pack full of hardcovers to friend's houses.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have a 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2. I was actually comparing it against an Asus MeMO (probably an older version of the MeMO, since this was last year) before I bought it.

I have no complaints about it, except that when plugged in via USB to my computer, it connects as a Media Device instead of USB Mass Storage. This is probably an Android problem though.

It's been fairly convenient to have around, but I got it to act as a semi-replacement for my laptop, which had been stolen in a break in I had. After the police found and returned my laptop, I've kinda lost interest in the tablet, aside from using it as a remote for my new Smart TV and occasions where I can't or don't want to lug the full laptop with me.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                      X