Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, at least I was *wearing* pants ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least I was *wearing* pants ...

I had an afternoon/evening shift at Big Box DIY store the other day. I got up and put on the tops I planned to wear (never sure how cold it will be so I multi-layer, as we stand right near the exit doors) and then my comfy sweatpants.

Later I put on my safety shoes and left for the store.

I was actually getting out of the car AT the store when I realized ... I still had my sweatpants on. The store's dress code is pretty flexible, but I was pretty sure it wasn't as flexible as all that.

And I was right. I spoke to the head cashier and we managed to corner one of the Ass't. Mgrs. who said nope, you will have to go home and change.

I was 40 minutes late starting, as a result.

Perhaps in future I should hang my workpants on the doorknob of the apartment's front door ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Where you are at, I think that you would have noticed REALLY quick if you had walked out without them.

At a previous job, I was at a higher risk of damaging clothes. Always kept a spare change at the office. Maybe you should keep a spare pair of pants and a shirt in a ziplock in the car. You never know when you might have a run in with a slush puddle or maybe have a meatball attempt to escape your lunch.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I had a co-worker come into work a few weeks back in sweatpants, which are a big no-no.

Comment

Theoretically, sweatpants, ripped jeans, just-barely-below-the-butt skirts, spaghetti straps, etc. are prohibited by dress code. I see all of these at irk on a daily basis, not infrequently on supervisors or even one manager.

Not that I think a call center really *needs* a dress code beyond "please do be clean and have non-public body parts covered", but still....
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Where you are at, I think that you would have noticed REALLY quick if you had walked out without them.

At a previous job, I was at a higher risk of damaging clothes. Always kept a spare change at the office. Maybe you should keep a spare pair of pants and a shirt in a ziplock in the car. You never know when you might have a run in with a slush puddle or maybe have a meatball attempt to escape your lunch.
          We each have a locker, so keeping spare clothing items at work would be no problem. Not too worried about escaping meatballs, since we wear ... let's say a uniform that covers our tops. And they're pretty liquid-resistant, from what I've seen ... I'm not sure whether they're fabric or semi-plastic, TBH.

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          I had a co-worker come into work a few weeks back in sweatpants, which are a big no-no.
          I'd been debating whether to basically report myself, or just get on with the job and see if anybody noticed. I decided it would be easier to fix right at the start than have somebody come to me halfway through my shift and tell me I was dressed wrong.

Quoth Seanette View Post
          Theoretically, sweatpants, ripped jeans, just-barely-below-the-butt skirts, spaghetti straps, etc. are prohibited by dress code. I see all of these at irk on a daily basis, not infrequently on supervisors or even one manager.

Not that I think a call center really *needs* a dress code beyond "please do be clean and have non-public body parts covered", but still....
          Perhaps not, but if you've GOT a dress code, it should be at least reasonably adhered to.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            Perhaps not, but if you've GOT a dress code, it should be at least reasonably adhered to.
            I do agree with you on this.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I keep a pair of half-decent shoes at work. One day I was half-way there and realized I was still wearing my beat up, dirty sneakers.

Comment

One day, while sitting at my desk, I just happen to look down and notice I had 2 different style of shoes on. Thankfully, I had my hiking boots in my car, so I switched into them real quick.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

At my work it's leggings, yoga pants, sweats, and jeans. So comfy!
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I would think customers would appreciate that more. I knew people who did house repairs in shorts and work boots. They were all muscle and glistening sweat, and listening to Bad Company on full blast. It was breezy that day. ... Sorry what were we talking about?
                    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Did somebody say "PANTS"?????
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"Here's your pants, show's over...!"

Comment

I got yer gorram pants right here.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                            Did somebody say "PANTS"?????
                            I did! And so did these guys... (NSFW)

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              We each have a locker, so keeping spare clothing items at work would be no problem.
                              Right about that--when the tax office was in an old clothing store, my CW's & I quickly appropriated the changing rooms as our personal lockers. That came in handy as I had to deal with a coffee spill on one occasion. On another (this was back when that mega chain's uniform was a red polo) Mrs. TGK gave me a shopping list for Bulls-eye.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X