This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question from a very dense person.

I am sort of dense, so I have a question here..please don't laugh too hard and remember that my mind sort of is having issues lately. There is a tablet on sale, and I am wondering if with my home wi-fi it would do for getting on the net to places like this, facebook, etc. Again..please don't laugh too hard.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Which tablet?

Comment

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-Gen...ystem/21635126

Any cheap tablet/Notebook will do though as long as I don't need a phone plan and can use my house's wi-fi.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have an iPad, but a guests over at my house have never had a problem using Android tablets or even Nook readers and tablets with my house wifi.

Comment

Tablets are "tablet computers" and not smart phones. You'll be able to use it without a phone plan and use your house's wifi to get onto the internet and use any apps you pick up on it.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Yeah, that one looks like a good one for what you want to do.

The only problem with some tablets is the lack of Flash for web games like Farmville.

Comment

I don't think there are any tablets/netbooks that don't have wifi capability any more. Just get something that doesn't require you to purchase a "plan".

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post

The only problem with some tablets is the lack of Flash for web games like Farmville.
                I believe only Apple products have that annoying little side note, unless they've changed that.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Adobe themselves no longer support Flash on Android. I believe you can still install it on some older versions, but not on the latest versions.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    Adobe themselves no longer support Flash on Android. I believe you can still install it on some older versions, but not on the latest versions.
                    That's right. If you have an android tablet without Flash already installed, you can't get it from their app store anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X