This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a malware warning with CS

I don't know if it's me or maybe something with the site, but my anti-virus has been going off when I click on links tonight. (screenshot attached)

I'm using Avast and it is currently up to date.
    Attached Files
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

That screen shot is too small to make out the text, so I'm only able to go by supposition on what it looks like it might be saying.

I won't claim that there is definitely no malware on the server, but I will say that we've been able to avoid any for a long while. Add in that it looks like the infection being prevented is named something to do with Mail, and I'm not entirely sure your browser should be what you're about. I would double-check your email, as that looks (with that name) like it might be the source of these warnings.

Comment

Here's a better image, Pedersen. I thought it might have enlarged when you clicked on it, sorry about that. As you can see, the only tabs that are open is a thread in CS, a tab that said that the page couldn't be loaded and the Avast info about what it blocked, identifying it as malware.

Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Pedersen: I've had some malware overlaid on a server I run via an ARP exploit before (which redirected traffic on a switch going to my server). I recommend you log ARP packets on this server and look for any abnormal ones.

Comment

That second tab -- did it open when you clicked a link on CS?

If so, you're probably infected with something. I would suggest seeking help with that.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Ah, I didn't even see that second tab. And the URL. advertisingdigital.com? Yeah, that's not us. We have no ads here.

Judging by the contents, it looks like advertisingdigital.com is trying to infect your machine.

If otakuneko is right, though, and the second tab opened from a link on CS? Yeah, you've likely got an infection of some sort.

Comment

Working...
            X