This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bountiful baskets

Along the lines of Angel food Ministries but healthier.

Bountiful baskets

I just signed up for my first basket to pick up this sat. I'll come back and let y'all know what I get. But I signed up for the 50/50 basket fruits and veggies and the asian pack that should have bok choy and ginger etc. All for $27, from the looks of the pictures I should be getting a laundry basket full of food.

The 50/50 pack starts at $15 ($25 for organic in some places) with a $3 first time fee and $1.50 handling.

It's kinda like a farmers co-op they try and stay as local as possible then go regional and if they need they go to mexico/ south america, but stay with the small individual farmers.

My S-I-L has gotten a few baskets and love them! They look to be just the western half of the US right now.

They also have other 'packs' like bread or other baked goods.
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

So for $27 I got

1 acorn squash
    9 m/l oranges
    5 sm apples
    7 s/m bananas
    3 mango's
    1 sm pineapple
    5 tomatoes
    2 yellow squash
    4 lg turnips
    3 lb butter gold potatoes
    a bunch of spinach
    1lb green beans

the asian pack included
    bunch of green onion
    1 lg napa cabbage
    1 lg bok choy
    ~1/4 lb snow peas
    ginger root
    sprigs of basil
    garlic (is it called a head?)

Stir fry tonight!

Comment

Wow that sounds awesome thanks for sharing.

Awww just went to look and no MI

Comment

Sounds interesting.......there's actually one in my area, but I'd have to get my mom to provide transportation because I'm not sure I could carry everything back home when walking.

Comment

Dang, no locations in Missouri. That'd be great to have and for $27, that's not a bad deal at all. I imagine buying everything individually would cost at least twice that much if not more.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I ended up using 3 large grocery store canvas bags, mostly so I could separate what was easily smooshed. It could have fit in two I think, so if you don't mind the weight you might be able to walk with it.

It would definitely cost at least double at the grocery store, and this stuff is a lot fresher.

Also the first portion of the fruits and veggies, by itself is just $15!

Comment

Working...
            X