X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An American Icon goes by the wayside

Roland McDonald put to pasture

cause McDonald thinks that Ol Ronald is just too associated with high fat greasy unhealthy food. McD's now wants to be a sophisicated upscale, premimum coffee selling "healthly" place to eat.

No more Ronald on the menu or happy meals. just the spokesperson for the Ronald McDonald House charity.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Ronald McDonald's still around wishing happy birthdays to 100-year-olds.

Fun fact: the first person to play Ronald McDonald is Willard Scott.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When they say they're trying to appear more sophisticated...I'm sorry, but McDonalds and Sophistication, those two just don't work together. I'm picturing McGriddles by candlelight or something

You know though, Ronald was one clown that didn't bother me. Go figure.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Huh. Over here, Ronald hasn't been featured on McD menus or other stuff since... ummm... the mid-90's, I think. (Maybe save from some old imported baby seats which featured some of the McD fantasy creatures who never were featured in any campaigns. Ask every Dane my age about who the Hamburglar is and they'll answer: "You shot who in the what now?" ) (ETA: Of course, some would know about the Hamburgler from mentionings on the Web, but they wouldn't connect it to, say, something they saw on the telly.)

The latest "mascot" is a quite psychotic-looking red Happy Meal box.

Oh, and there's a special unit in the children's ward at Kingdom Hospital (yes, the ORIGINAL Kingdom Hospital - cookies for the reference) named the Ronald McDonald House which is financed by the foundation of the same name, but that's about it.
        Last edited by NorthernZel; 03-04-2011, 05:48 PM.
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          When they say they're trying to appear more sophisticated...I'm sorry, but McDonalds and Sophistication, those two just don't work together. I'm picturing McGriddles by candlelight or something
          I agree, especially around here. You don't see hipsters / yuppies going into McDonalds, even to get their coffee.

BTW - am I the only one who thought of the Buddy Christ?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            BTW - am I the only one who thought of the Buddy Christ?
            Well, I didn't...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Two words: Monterey Jacks.

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

The Happy Meal boxes down here are plain red, but the mascots still occasionally feature. Ronald McDonald features in the Clean Up Australia Day campaign as well as for Ronald McDonald House.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Ronald McDonald's still around wishing happy birthdays to 100-year-olds.

Fun fact: the first person to play Ronald McDonald is Willard Scott.
                  I forgot about that

but I did meet the ad agency guy who originally thought up Ronald McDonald. he was best man at one of my brothers weddings.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                  X