This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware/adware infection that Malware bytes can't touch - CinemaPlus

Thanks to trying to work out which accounting system my last firm used I clicked on screenshot, clicked go to page and and an installer started.

I stopped it and nuked everything from orbit. But... I still have one bit that wont leave - manually or with virus/malware removal tools.

I run Avast as antivirus (free version). It doesn't even see this item.
    I tried Malware Bytes and it keeps freezing and the free version won't allow you to stop a scan and fix what it already found.
    I tried Spyhunter 4 but got a "to remove these items please buy!"
    I'm just trying Spybot but I'm doubtful if it will work or not...

Any tips? (beyond nuke the pc and restart... )
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Ok, HouseCall for the win in this case... now just to monitor to see none of it creeps back.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Did you ever figure out which accounting program it was? If not, save a screenie in a (clean ) file and maybe we can help ya figure it out. Alternatively, if you can list the file extensions it uses, that might help, too. (I used to do training/support for some of those)
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It was a rogue screen shot for Oracle that set it all off... lol.

I believe it was an Oracle product we used but I don't have screenshots anymore since I'm not there anymore and left in September 2013. It was linked to a stock management system and customer invoiceing system and you had separate invoice and receipt lists plus a allocations list tab too. I remember it being mostly grey which I know helps loads...

I was hoping to update my CV accordingly but I can't remember.

Similar side panel to navigate as in this screen shot but broken down in to AP, AR, General, Stock and further down reports etc: http://images.directoryofshareware.c...ment-91873.png (Image didn't give me any virus warnings or pop ups etc...)

Comment

Working...
        X