This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard it trough the gripevine ...

1) That head office is starting to wonder WTF is going on at The Clusterfuck because apparently they've been getting a shitload of complaints ... from employees as well as customers.

2) That somebody from way higher up came through the store the other day and was singularly underwhelmed by the way it's being run.

3) That a customer read the riot act -- very loudly and publicly -- to the store manager the other day. Customer said she herself is a store manager and used phrases like "I don't know how you got this job" and "Whatever your supposed qualifications are" and so on and so forth ... This was near the front registers and in front of a fair number of customers.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Was that Alien Queen who got the riot act? (Sorry, can't always keep all the cast straight.)
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm not sure this is a positive development.

Be prepared for the screws to be tightened even more, just in case they are.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Surely a real store manager would know better than to tear someone a new one in front of the customers, even if it's not their store?
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Possibly just a case of "you have ****ed up so badly that you deserve to be humiliated in front of customers".

And note that they said they were a manager, not a manager of that store they were in. In fact, they were a customer of the particular store.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            Was that Alien Queen who got the riot act? (Sorry, can't always keep all the cast straight.)
            Sorry, no, LOL. I need a nickname for the actual store manager. He always goes around smiling and smarming but of course he's not actually DOING anything in terms of taking control of the store and reining Alien Queen in ...

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I'm not sure this is a positive development.

Be prepared for the screws to be tightened even more, just in case they are.
            I can't say I'd be surprised if that happened.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            Surely a real store manager would know better than to tear someone a new one in front of the customers, even if it's not their store?
            C'mon, RealUnimportant, not all store managers good people ...

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Possibly just a case of "you have ****ed up so badly that you deserve to be humiliated in front of customers".

And note that they said they were a manager, not a manager of that store they were in. In fact, they were a customer of the particular store.
            Quite right; the person doing the yelling was not the manager of my store; it was a customer who said she was a manager somewhere else.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Sorry, no, LOL. I need a nickname for the actual store manager. He always goes around smiling and smarming but of course he's not actually DOING anything in terms of taking control of the store and reining Alien Queen in ...

How about Lumbergh, the smarmy manager from Office Space?

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
                How about Lumbergh, the smarmy manager from Office Space?
                I don't think I ever saw that, but it works for me!

Also noticed that apparently I can't spell, LOL ... "trough" instead of "through" ...
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Works even better if he starts every sentence with "Mmmmyyyyeaaaah, if you could...."
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Perhaps the manager only got the position by having pointy hair...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Or as we used to quip in my day job: Who did that individual know or blow?
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I just noticed the not-a-typo in the title of this thread.

I like that term and I'm gonna steal it.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X