This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting outage expected

On either the 9th, 10th, or 11th December, this server will go offline between 10pm and 7am UK time. The company is moving the server to a new 'datacentre'.

Just a heads up that we will be offline for one UK-time night. Just don't know which one yet.

Rapscallion

As part of the preparation for the outage, a full backup is being taken and stored off this server. During this time, the server is going to be slow, and prone to "Server Busy" messages.

Early estimates on the process indicate this should be done around 8:30pm EST (0130 GMT), and things should return to normal very shortly after that.

And, unfortunately, this is not the big move. Just the ISP being moving stuff around. The big one is coming, though, and we're going for "as soon as possible", which will not be before we're comfortable the server is properly ready.

Comment

Ohhh noooo!

What will I dooooo.

Seriously. I'm addicted. I'll have to go buy some cheese to go with my whineeeee !

All the best and hoping no more outages. Thanks for everything you do!

It makes my days sooo much happier!

No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

The backup I mentioned before was not run then. It was decided to wait until the server was quieter, namely 6AM GMT.

It's being run now. And estimates are all over the place. I've seen as little as 4 hours, and as much as 7. We'll just hope it gets done before it's too much of a problem for everybody.

During this time, there will be sporadic server outages, this cannot be prevented. We can only try to minimize them.

Comment

Working...
        X