This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

np. I hope this helps:

Deets about the system file checker. It says that the way to replace the files it coulnd't help with is:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

----

Info on how to accomplish the above above is further down the page -- but it assumes you *HAVE* known good copies of those files, somewhere. If not...

Ugh. Well, at least you know something's actually wrong with Windows for sure, and it's not just a fluke. You MAY wish to consider just doing a nuke n' pave after you've backed up every file you can think of, then double checking to make sure (grab the latest service pack first and burn that to a CD, to save a few hours of update time if you do this). Make sure you have your install code and installation media. If you lack the latter, MS released a free-and-legal ISO of the win7 installers some time back that you can download, but you'll have to google for it, I'm afraid, as it's no longer on their actual website.
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-29-2015, 12:14 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X