• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmail account

Since Friday my gmail account has been acting up

On both windows live mail and whatever email program my iphone uses

New email messages are getting to me a day or two late
    Takes at least a day to download the message so I can read it once it's in the inbox
    Will send emails immediately but won't put them in the sent folder
    Notifications aren't coming in of new email messages if they do show up in inbox

I have two other email address on both my computer and iphone, they are not affected

I have removed my gmail account from both, changed the password and added that account to both again, it hasn't helped at all. I have tried to contact google tech support but I can't find a place to ask questions, just answers to frequently asked questions. I have absolutely no idea of what else I can do.

If you have any ideas, know that I am not good with computers - talk down to me please.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Is the same thing happening if you go to the gmail site in a web browser? If so, something may be wrong with gmail itself.

If it's only happening on the iPhone, there may be something wrong with the gmail app. Is there a Mac store nearby you could check in with? They should at least be able to tell you if it's an Apple-supported app or get you the contact info for google.

Google's "HQ" phone number is here, they should be able to forward you to tech support or get you a direct line: http://www.google.com/contact/
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Do you have two factor authentication? I had a similar problem, and basically had to set my email up again on my iPhone, and apply the proper codes again as well.

Comment

Working...
      X