This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, I'm not sure what the heck is going on

thursday computer, skype and everything is working fine.
    Friday don't remember if any changes made,
    saturday gone all day.
    Sunday updated flash. I tried changing the sound setting on my headset to make it so I wasn't hearing noise from the mic in the earphones, playing around with "listen to this device and playback through this device" I ended up putting everything back where it was (default and unchecked) and when I clicked ok the computer took a moment to process.

Now I went to use skype and everytime I tried to connect a call all my usb devices shot off for 30-45 seconds and then back on. Uninstalled skype and used steam voice chat instead, the call was dropped about 3 times but was working. Then I did get the stuff turning off part way through the call and then later the computer bluescreened, memory dumped and rebooted. today I've tried uninstalling the headset and it didn't help, I got a second bluescreen when I tried to shut off the computer. I've reinstalled skype and have the same problem.

uninstalling flash did not help

headset in question is turtle beach p11 and i'm running windows 7 64bit
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-26-2015, 10:12 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Sounds like a hardware problem, not software. A whole tree of USB devices going off at once usually means there's not enough power to drive them.

Do you have a USB hub? Is it still receiving external power?

Comment

I agree with the above, even if not using a hub, depending on your computer design, some USB ports on the computer may share the same bus, and therefore share the max .5A current - try using different USB ports for some of the power hungry devices

Comment

I've kind of got it sorted. everything was directly on the motherboard but the mouse was uptop on its own with just my xbox controller for company, which I don't know if it had an issue or not. The rest were all together further down the mother board. The headset works fine in a usb 2 port and my external dvd player was using 1 usb 3 and 1 usb 2 port at the same. I think that may have been causing the issue. I've rearranged and was able to do the skype test call just fine.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
        X