This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Seriously?!

I have a couple stories today and instead of doing separate threads for each one, I decided to bunch them together.

Mrs. Inconvenienced

Not even an hour into my shift this afternoon and I have a lady walk up to the counter telling us she needs help over by phones. Okay. So I walk over with her and she proceeds to have a conversation about a purchase she just made.

SC: I bought this phone here thinking it was $21 when at the register it rang up as $31
    Me: That is the correct price
    SC: Yes but there are two rows of the same phone, one says $21 and one says $31 and I wanted the phone for $21
    Me: The phone in question is $31
    SC: See I work for a business and I have a budget between $21 and $25. Now I'm not saying this is your fault personally but I shouldn't be inconvenienced because someone can't do their job right. You should tell your manager
    Me: I will let him know
    SC: *starts to walk off* I should just get the phone for $21...
    Me: Well if you want to hold on a moment, I can reach a manager for you
    SC: No. I'm not waiting in line again to return it just so I can get ten dollars off. *waddles off*

So, let me get this straight. You came back to my department to bitch to me about a phone that was incorrectly placed and wanted to get said phone for the price you assumed it was for, but already purchased the phone? Lady, shut up and go back to bingo!

Do you work here?

I fucking HATE it when customers come up to me while I'm doing something that obviously suggests I work there and ask the dumb question anyway.

I'm standing BEHIND my counter, wearing my uniform, with a remote in hand for our display TVs we play movies on....

SC: Do you work here?
    Me: -.- *what I wanted to say* No *what I did say (after some hesitation)* Yes
    SC: Where's the shaving cream at?
    Me: *thinks 'Do you think to look in the same aisle the women's shaving cream is?'* In Health and Beauty, to the left of Pharmacy.
    SC: And could you tell me where Pharmacy is?
    Me: In front of you. The big structure that says Pharmacy in big bold blue letters

As he walked off, I could not help but roll my eyes.

Can I get a doggy treat with that?

I often bitch to other co-workers about how much I don't like people just waving me over, yelling for me while they're on the other end of the aisle or bugging me while I'm busy helping someone else and have told them I will get to them when I can. I've had a few people just stand there by the cameras, look over the shelves and wave me over. Use your big boy words. It's really not that difficult.

This one actually happened the other day...

Me: *standing with my back turned while stalking items*
    SC: *comes up behind me but further down the aisle* Hey, where's the HDMI cords at?!
    Me: *turns around and raises eyebrow* Excuse me?
    SC: HDMI cords. Where are they?
    Me: In the aisle next to you on the right

Or this lovely jem that happened a few months back when we still had holiday layaway....

SC: I need a Wii U
    Me: Okay *takes SC to the Wii U case* It seems we only have the white one and it doesn't come with any games. Will you be needing any?
    SC: Oh no. We'll wait for the deluxe version
    Me: Okay

I get up and turn to see a woman waiting patiently for me to finish. She smiles at me and asks if I have any DSi XLs in stock. I see that I don't have any in the cabinet I have opened so I close it up and look in the other one. Sure enough, there's one right there at the bottom. So as I reach to open the cabinet, I happened to catch a glimpse of SC standing by the Wii case with her husband.

SC: *looks at me and waves me over* Come on. Let's go
    Me: *raises eyebrow*

And before I even get the chance to say anything, the nice lady I was getting the DSi XL for jumped to my defense and told SC that she shouldn't speak to me like that. SC proceeded to tell the woman to mind her own business and that I was helping her first. Um, you were done. Therefore, shut up. So I grabbed her game without saying a word then grabbed the DSi XL so I wouldn't make two trips. We go up to the register and still without speaking to SC or looking her in the eye, I ring up her item. Then she opens her mouth again...

SC: You were in the middle of helping us. You shouldn't have begin helping someone else until you were done. I was first
    Me: I asked you if you wanted games with that Wii U, you said you'd wait to get the other system that had games with it
    SC: You should have finished blah blah bitch moan bitch complain...
    Me: I did!
    SC: Ugh. Where is your manager? Get your manager out here

So I call a manager out to the area while the other nice lady comes over and stands behind SC and her husband. The manager comes out and SC lady bitches about how rude and horrible I was. Meanwhile, I'm resisting the urge to scream in this SC's face. Once again, out of nowhere, the nice lady comes to my defense. The two of them go back and forth for a while until finally SC leaves. I just laugh while I tell my version of what happened, and the nice lady was able to verify it. I love customers who do that. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's awesome

Like I said, this one happened months ago but I just had to share it

Crack-Order

A lady called our department today while I'm swamped so another associate took the call. Apparently some lady claims she called a X-Store and placed an order over the phone for a computer. Right away, no. We don't take orders over the phone. Never have, never will. I explain this to the associate. The associate gets back on the phone and tells the customer we don't do that. The customer INSISTS we do and can look up her order on the computer. Again, no we can't because WE DON'T DO ORDERS OVER THE PHONE! She gives up a store number and asks us to look it up. Lady, get a fucking clue already. Finally she's told to call another store. I never heard back from her and if she did call back, I was either doing something else or had just clocked out to go home. Either way, I think she was on something.

Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
    SC: I need a Wii U
    Me: Okay *takes SC to the Wii U case* It seems we only have the white one and it doesn't come with any games. Will you be needing any?
    SC: Oh no. We'll wait for the deluxe version
    Me: Okay
    Obviously she's from Bizarro where every day is Opposite Day. Did she have blue faceted skin and a Lois Lane haircut?

Comment

How dare you go and help another customer because the first one was still shopping and could not make up her mind She's obviously an entitled bitch who expects the whole world to revolve around her.

Comment

See, she figured as long as she was anywhere in the store, even if she wasn't currently talking to you, or even standing near you, you were still tied to her by the invisible string of I-Am-Special....so that meant you were obligated to ignore other customers and just hover around waiting for Mrs. Special to need you again.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

[QUOTE=TechieGirl87;1119955]I have a couple stories today and instead of doing separate threads for each one, I decided to bunch them together.

Me: *standing with my back turned while stalking items*

This made me
          I, too, often "stalk" items at work ... they never seem to move though

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            This made me
            I, too, often "stalk" items at work ... they never seem to move though
            And yet, they happily move around when you're not looking, like the frozen foods that love to play hide and seek behind other things on the far side of the store. Or worse yet, the bags of prawns that hide in the impulse stands and make odd odours. /shake fist

Also, people need to learn some manners when asking for an associate's assistance. In my days at the big apple, I had a woman (She was no lady) stand in one spot, spin in a small circle and snap her fingers loudly. there were four staff working in the area, we all ignored her till she gave up and actually asked someone politely
            Last edited by Cranky Cabbie; 02-16-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Quoth Cranky Cabbie View Post
              ... I had a woman (She was no lady) stand in one spot, spin in a small circle and snap her fingers loudly. there were four staff working in the area, we all ignored her till she gave up and actually asked someone politely
              Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were doing a little dance.

Comment

Quoth Cranky Cabbie View Post
                .. stand in one spot, spin in a small circle and snap her fingers loudly...
                Bad dance. No dollar for you.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X