Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer gets me fired (from my old job)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And let's not forget bees, being frozen alive, anal warts, off-key musicians, being stabbed, farm thresher accidents, raging bulls, badly colorized black and white movies, the supernatural, dismemberment, Skip Bayless, running out of beer, gas chambers, electric chairs, lethal injection, being struck by a train, falling off a cliff, brake failure, e. coli, shattered backboards, human trafficking, zombies, second hand smoke, Mexican jails, drowning, being lost at sea, lynch mobs, arson, economic collapse, gynecologists with cold hands, lead poisoning, asbestos, blue balls, hemorrhoids, paralysis, Brian Urlacher, financial ruin, and pedophiles...among others.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

[TP Need] Mrs. Cake.
      [/TP Need]
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!
        Hey! I happen to like that song!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          [TP Need] Mrs. Cake.
          [/TP Need]
          And the Goddess Czol

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Yeah, if the kid is this scared of a retail cashier, just imagine what a shock to the system it's going to be when they grow up and have to deal with real world scary things, like acid rain, traffic accidents, drug addicts, politics, bills, collection agencies, runaway trains, plane crashes, earthquakes, tornadoes, quick sand, pot holes, sink holes, gopher holes, assholes, tax cheats, religious intolerance, sexism, sexual harrassment, unemployment, layoffs, negative campaign ads, cheating athletes, cheating spouses, welfare cheats, influenza, rabies, drunk drivers, permanent disfigurement, unsafe carnival rides, exploding household appliances, embezzlers, liars, users, abusers, solar flares, gas leaks, food poisoning, anal warts, rats, bats, feral cats, Lindsay Lohan, defective seat belts, religious extremism, Cleveland, concession stand prices, stepping in dog shit, workplace favoritism, cancer, mud slides, hurricanes, beached whales, movie spoilers, "Batman Forever," skinheads, crackheads, Parrot Heads, nepotism, melting polar caps, pollution, municipal corruption, injustice, Snooki, pop-up ads, computer viruses, AIDS, random gun massacres, hostage decapitations, mass cult suicides, serial killers, tsunamis, global warming, swarms of locusts, bubonic plague, impalement of non-believers, terrorist attacks, thermonuclear war, and the WRATH OF GOD! life.
            Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Gerund, I did NOT miss mudslides or heart attacks, and while I did not mention STDs as a general group, I did mention AIDS. But nice additions, nonetheless.
              Cooties!

Comment

Don't forget stage fright, brain freeze from Slurpees, falling anvils (and pianos), getting your tongue stuck to a cold signpost, voodoo curses, traffic detours, lost luggage, ghosts & ghoulies & things that go bump in the night, forgetting your locker combination, the monster under the bed, Gila monsters, Triffids, Dalaks, and of course, Killer Tomatoes.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
                  It is so wrong for management to side with customers before they've even heard the other side of the story. I wish I could say I can't believe it, but having been on the receiving end of a rather harsh scolding without getting my say, I sadly, sadly, do.
                  I learned the hard way that Kroger is very notorious for this. At least they were to me. But what do you expect when the regular non-management employees don't even need a HS diploma and they as a consequence are treated as a dime-a-dozen expendable part? And the union (UFCW) is just as bad if not worse; they were nothing but a lapdog union at best. Unfortunately to go into the details as to the why/how that is so is probably Fracthing stuff.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    Don't forget [snip]falling anvils (and pianos)...
                    Especially if you're sitting in a Morris Marina. Cookies for the reference
                    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                      Don't forget stage fright, brain freeze from Slurpees, falling anvils (and pianos), getting your tongue stuck to a cold signpost, voodoo curses, traffic detours, lost luggage, ghosts & ghoulies & things that go bump in the night, forgetting your locker combination, the monster under the bed, Gila monsters, Triffids, Dalaks, and of course, Killer Tomatoes.
                      And let's not overlook falling asleep while driving, getting mugged on a train, wilding in Central Park, the toxic fumes in the Lincoln Tunnel, the paparazzi, snowmobile accidents, Simon Cowell, screwed up plastic surgery, wheels coming off while you're driving, haunted hotels, copycat killers, Keanu Reeves' acting, firebombings, Agent Orange, warm beer, wine turned to vinegar, sour milk, rotting fruit, getting your willy stuck in your zipper, being convicted of a crime you did not commit, rough toilet paper, bad cover bands, JaMarcus Russell's "comeback," and food-induced comas.

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                      Especially if you're sitting in a Morris Marina. Cookies for the reference
                      Courtesy of Messrs. Clarkson, Hammond, and May, of course. Although members of the Morris Marina Car Club are NOT pleased about this.
                      Last edited by protege; 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM. Reason: Political content yanked

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

... aaaand Jester gets the cookies!
                        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

In those lists did anyone mention SC's and EW's. ? I couldn't see them but after a couple glasses of wine I may have missed them

Comment

If they said that you're eligible for rehire, then maybe that shows you have some redeeming qualities above some of the other employees there. I don't know. However, you can use this as a chance to bargain with them and say, "I will work here on the grounds that if the same customer comes through my line, I can either refuse to wait on her based on previous circumstances, or she will be refused service, or she will have to wait for a manager to be present so that the manager can see the customer's behavior"

Comment

And lets not forget purple nurples, indian rug burns, heebie jeebies, jungle rot,cauliflower ear, beiber fever, rockin pneumonia, boogie woogie flu, getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth, hot pizza burning the roof of your mouth, athlete's foot, swimmer's ear, tennis elbow, papercuts, writer's block, brain freeze, having french fries but no ketchup, and burnt toast.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                And let's not forget bees, being frozen alive, anal warts, off-key musicians, being stabbed, farm thresher accidents, raging bulls, badly colorized black and white movies, the supernatural, dismemberment, Skip Bayless, running out of beer, gas chambers, electric chairs, lethal injection, being struck by a train, falling off a cliff, brake failure, e. coli, shattered backboards, human trafficking, zombies, second hand smoke, Mexican jails, drowning, being lost at sea, lynch mobs, arson, economic collapse, gynecologists with cold hands, lead poisoning, asbestos, blue balls, hemorrhoids, paralysis, Brian Urlacher, financial ruin, and pedophiles...among others.
                                Wait!!! Skip Bayless?? I thought I was the only one who knew Skip Bayless

Comment

Working...
                                X