Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer gets me fired (from my old job)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth emax4 View Post
    Since the customer is always right, I say go back to Wal mart, buy something to make yourself a customer, then have the manager fired.
    I approve of this post!
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!
      ♪♫ And I feel fiiiinnnneee... ♪♫
      Quoth Jester View Post
      As an American, I'd like to justify my omission of drop bears on the basis that I haven't the foggiest idea what the hell they are.
      They're related to the jackalope.
      Quoth emax4 View Post
      Since the customer is always right, I say go back to Wal mart, buy something to make yourself a customer, then have the manager fired.
      Evil, but brilliant!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
        Brilliant!

The downside to what Jester said is that it isn't even economic good sense most of the time to fire someone on a Cussedtomer's say-so. Beyond the legal costs of defending themselves against the few who contest such things, there's the termination pay, and the intrinsic costs of training a new employee. It's just plain stupid.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Oh, I'm sure I missed a few. I mean, when you stop to think about it, the world is a scary place with lots of things to be fearful of....El Paso,
          I lived there for exactly one year (east side). It is now referred to as my "year of insanity" for a reason.

Quoth Jester View Post
          Brian Urlacher
          I had to put up with everybody wetting themselves about how great he was when he was playing here at UNM. Now he looks like a giant baby.

That also leads to - Being an Aggie (NMSU) surrounded by the "dullards up north", aka, UNM fans.

And I'd like to add - digging a mesquite thorn out of your leg. Happened about 35 years ago, I still have a scar.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The customer is always right? (Channelling The Gord) That means ... door's to your left.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              That also leads to - Being an Aggie (NMSU) surrounded by the "dullards up north", aka, UNM fans.
              I had to remind myself that not all "Aggies" are from Texas A&M. After living in Texas for three years, I got used to associating that nickname with that school.

Though the stereotypes were reversed. One of my favorite Texas Aggie jokes went:

Q: How do you get an Aggie off your front porch?
              A: Pay him for the pizza.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                I had to remind myself that not all "Aggies" are from Texas A&M.
                I'm a blue Aggie. My two quarters of lower edumbification were at Utah State.

My dad shot another cheerleader at a Aggie pep rally... The target deserved it... He was impersonating a Ute... Though my dad didn't know it, he was also a cousin of dad's future wife...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Ewe stop that right now! Mutton's worse than bad puns! So be a good little lamb, and stop shearing with the class, wool you please? Thanks!
                  Well, bad puns are to be expected...After all, we are talking about Wool-Mart

Don't sweater it, though...It could have been worsted, our esteemed OP could have gotten fired because of a jacquard-ass customer who was irate at being asked for ID, even though we all know that you gotta cardigan if they're under a certain apparent age, repeat custy or no...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    Brilliant!

The downside to what Jester said is that it isn't even economic good sense most of the time to fire someone on a Cussedtomer's say-so. Beyond the legal costs of defending themselves against the few who contest such things, there's the termination pay, and the intrinsic costs of training a new employee. It's just plain stupid.
                    It also hurts the customer who complained, assuming the company didn't hire an immediate replacement, and the SC now has to wait longer in line since there's one less cashier there.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      Me: Yes, what EXACTLY did I say which you thought was offensive?
                      SC: I would never say that in front of my son! You should be ashamed of yourself!

....Mulva?

Comment

Working...
                      X