Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We technically had staff only bathrooms at the repair center. Unfortunately for us, they were very visible from the counter and the manager had no spine when it came to "potty emergencies." Not a real issue to me, because with at least two of us working in office at the time, we rarely had issues with keeping an eye on customers and keeping them out of our file folders.

I so wanted to get snarky and respond one time with, "I'm sorry, behind those doors are only the pots they give us to piss in."
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I wonder how people would react to a policy that allowed "emergency use" of staff bathrooms (that have stock/supplies in them) if and only if the custys would submit to a physical search after they emerged, and the requirement that bags/purses be left outside, either under your guard or in the custody of a friend...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Unfortunately, the company I work for has a policy that customers CAN use our staff loos if they ask. Y'know, the same cupboard-sized loo that also holds all our stock, all the staff personal belongings and the open change safe?

Comment

Linda -- Does Corporate also exempt you guys from any and all liability/blame if items/change get STOLEN as a result? If not, that ranks pretty high up there among "idiotic policies" x.x
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            We have one of those too. There is a bathroom in our office specifically only for staff. Now, it's down right now due to a leak we found in the ceiling and the fact that it's a gigantic pigsty from all the repairs (we haven't had time to get it cleaned up).
            Closing down the bathroom because there's a leak? Isn't having a leak the reason for the bathroom's existence?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Closing down the bathroom because there's a leak? Isn't having a leak the reason for the bathroom's existence?
              That's one of those things that once you've taken it, you no longer have.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We've also had a few mums with kids demand to use the staff loo... on the basis that having bred, they're excempt from the rules. In several cases, the mum has been wandering around the kiosk looking at stuff and ignoring the child's pleas to go to the loo, and has only agreed after the child looked in danger of wetting themselves. Surely it makes sense to take the child to the loo the moment they say they need it?

The result of being told no is of course the evil glare, the promise to never return.. and a mad dash accross the road. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

LNS: Yeh... I don't even have kids, and I know *quite* well that, when a kid says "I gotta go", they mean RIGHT EFFING NOW...Despite what some parents seem to think, it's not a willpower thing, it's a "need" thing, most (if not all) of the time x.x

Comment

Working...
                  X