This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Taurus52 View Post
    Imagine I'm Hannibal Lecter. Do you REALLY want me to be smiling, Claris?
    That would be me. Apparently I just have a naturally evil expression. If I'm not smiling, people think I want to kill someone. If I am smiling, people think I already did.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I had my boss bust my balls because I "wasn't happy enough" at work. Never mind that my dad was dealing with possible cancer plus an auto accident, and my grandmother had a stroke and was in failing health. He actually told me that those things weren't his problem. He's lucky I didn't decide to beat the crap out of him with a keyboard
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        I had my boss bust my balls because I "wasn't happy enough" at work. Never mind that my dad was dealing with possible cancer plus an auto accident, and my grandmother had a stroke and was in failing health. He actually told me that those things weren't his problem. He's lucky I didn't decide to beat the crap out of him with a keyboard
        Yeah I see stuff like that sometimes (here and at PFB or M3C) where people feel "well if you're having such a bad day why did you come in to work?" as if going to work means you can magically put everything away in your head.

Although I can imagine how to respond to that too...
        jerk: well why did you come in then
        worker: good point! I'm going home. You take care of this line yourself!

some people have no heart

Comment

And yet, if she had wanted you to sound serious, and you had sounded happy, she would have griped at you just as much. ("Are you smiling? You think this is funny?!") It really is a lose lose situation.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
            And yet, if she had wanted you to sound serious, and you had sounded happy, she would have griped at you just as much. ("Are you smiling? You think this is funny?!") It really is a lose lose situation.
            Actually, CW once got a customer complaint that she was too happy and her "sing-songy voice just sounded fake". Knowing CW the way I do, I know that's just how she is and that it's not fake. So yeah...you can get complaints both ways.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I usually plaster a fake smile on my face because when I'm not smiling I look annoyed, which I usually am. Annoyed = unfriendly, apparently in SC land. Once I had the audacity to not smile at this annoying customer and his wife, and they complained that I was being unfriendly. So I said "good morning" pleasantly the next time they reared their heads, and the guy gave a huge exaggerated leap of surprise and said a shocked "Good Morning!" back. I continued fakely smiling until they rounded the corner, still looking back at me as if I have two heads, and then I puked because their nitpicking made me ill.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                I'd be tempted to smile like this instead: [stewie]
                I see nothing at all unusual about how he's smiling

I used to have a really good plastic smile when I worked retail...Albeit a creepy, Lecter and/or The Grinch-type smile. I knew I was doing it right when CW's asked me to please stop.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X