X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major SF Crossover news

It's (sort of) official

To any sci-fi fan, it's acknowledged that there are TWO major SF television franchises that have long had a rivalry.

Star Trek and Doctor Who.

Now, after thousands of fanfictions have been spawned by creative (and doubtless not-so-creative) SF geeks, it's finally being made reality.

A Doctor Who/Star Trek:TNG crossover comic book.

Now, IDW hasn't officially announced it, but it was leaked today, complete with artwork (in the link above) of the Doctor and the Ponds on the bridge of the Enterprise. IDW is attending the Gallifrey One convention next week, so it's expected to be formally announced then.

Let the geekery commence.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

*drools*

Do want!!

*grabby hands*
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

definitely going to check that out I loved the Star Trek/X-Men crossover comic.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

comic?

that explains why the crossover book had the x-men and the enterprise acting like they knew each other already.

yeah they made an official star trek book crossover book too.

so, did picard ever get to meet up with prof x?

Comment

I WANT!!

*drools over epicness*
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Not too surprising with all of the crossover Transformers toys that have sprung up. It had to happen someday.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              A Doctor Who/Star Trek:TNG crossover comic book.
              In case anyone's interested, there has been a Doctor Who/Star Trek book published. I even have a copy!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I... do not think this will be for me. Kind of a shame, as I enjoy both franchises, but something about this screams cheese. And not the good kind of cheese, either. The bad kind that no one eats and it turns green and sentient.

However, I do hope to be quite wrong, in which case I'll give it a go.

Comment

We've already told our comic book store to put it in our hold when it comes in.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    In case anyone's interested, there has been a Doctor Who/Star Trek book published. I even have a copy!
                    I remember reading the first part of that in a little-known publication way back in the...80's? Not sure. I belonged to a fanclub for SF/fantasy fans and they published this in their fanzine, but I never got the rest of the story.

I'd be interested to see how this new one turns out.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X