This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Holy smoke! I initially read that as meaning she was found after her bodyguard drowned her in her bathtub, not that her bodyguard found her after she had drowned.
    That would make Whitney Houston's movie The Bodyguard take on new meaning, wouldn't it?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      That would make Whitney Houston's movie The Bodyguard take on new meaning, wouldn't it?
      Pretty much the first thought that went through my mind after the initial thought about what I thought I read, but before the clarifying thought entered my puny little brain to let me know that, "No, you moron...her bodyguard FOUND her."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Silly me, I should've remembered the Oxford comma.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...7k1zo1_500.jpg
        (NSFW)

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          I saw a post on Facebook and thought at first it was a hoax until I saw the big breaking news headliner on cnn.com. It's sad that she died so young, no matter what the cause could be. My parents have the vinyl of her first album from the 80's. I remember listening to that and all the other songs she had on the radio. There's no denying that she had a great voice and was incredibly talented. RIP Whitney Houston.
          Same here. A friend had posted the TMZ story and we all know how "reliable" TMZ can be sometimes.

A few minutes later there was a link from the local news station and CNN.

Sorry to hear she's gone.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
            Same here. A friend had posted the TMZ story and we all know how "reliable" TMZ can be sometimes.
            True...but they are almost always one of the first to break a celebrity death, and are reliable in that respect.

On another note I really feel bad for her daughter...she's inconsolable from what I hear.

Comment

Having lost a parent when I was even younger than Whitney's daughter is, I can thoroughly understand.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I also feel sorry for Whitney's mom, Cissy...and the rest of her family including her cousin, Dionne Warwick.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Latest news: She was found drowned in her bath by her bodyguard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-aged-48.html

It'll have to wait for an autopsy to find out whether she took an overdose or just fell into a drugged sleep and drowned. (Or something more sinister...)
                  http://myfox8.com/2012/02/13/whitney...ology-reports/

They're withholding the autopsy results until toxicology gets back... which apparently means 6-8 weeks.

I'm betting it comes back "inconclusive" cos... 6-8 weeks sounds like enough time to get results... or hide them.

Comment

I read that it was alcohol and pills - she didn't drown. If anyone wants the link, I'll find it and post it.

Comment

Fred Eaglesmith: Alcohol & Pills.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/whitney-housto...-abc-news.html

Not enough water in the lungs, she didn't drown.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                          http://news.yahoo.com/whitney-housto...-abc-news.html

Not enough water in the lungs, she didn't drown.
                          Her death certificate listed the cause of death as deferred. So at this point the actual cause of death is pending until the toxicology test results come back. At this point it's just speculation as to what truly caused her death. I feel bad for her daughter and mother to have to go through such a loss. On an interview in CNN, one of the fans in Whitney Houston's hometown said it best: "Once the cameras are off, the flowers die...the family is the one will have face reality".
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                            "Once the cameras are off, the flowers die...the family is the one will have face reality".
                            Truer words were never spoken...
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                            X