Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerks and Eagles (also a photo thread)

Every other weekend, I go up to my mom's to do her laundry and shopping (she can get around fine just can't lift too much). There is spot near her place that has had a nesting pair of bald eagles for at least the past three years. So everytime I go up to see her, I have to visit that spot and of course take pictures. When I take pictures and post them on my blog, I'm very careful not to give too many details on the the location of that spot because I don't really want too many going there and ruining it.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a story in the local paper about this particular spot and of course they had to mention where it was. And also of course, even more people have started to visit it. According to my mom, it has gotten pretty bad at times.

So that's the background...

And pictures:
    http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...al-thanks.html
    I started with that because of the point.

And some eagle pics:
    http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...of-eagles.html

And links to my other eagle pics:
    http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...ch/label/eagle

Some are good and some are not so good...

Enjoy.

No comments?

Comment

Nice, we have a mated pair of eagles on the farm. We feed them our chickens over the winter and into the spring. We don't tend to try and photograph them, we don't want them to feel harassed and leave, and we don't tend to tell locals about them because there isn't any place near our house to park except in the field by the woods they are nesting in.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm a little jealous miko - there's a pair near our farm, but getting shots like those would be a major hassle at the end of what is often a long day. Hope the furor dies down and they can go back to just being awesome for those in the know.

Comment

Fortunately I have a long enough lens that I'm not too close to the eagles. I'm sure there are stories of photographers getting attacked becasue they are too close to the nest. My next mission is to get a picture of this hawk I keep passing on the way home from work. Unfortunately, there's not really a good place to park for him.

Comment

I like the one of the 8 or so eagles all in the tree; looked like they were conspiring!

I wish I'd gotten a picture of this white heron that decided to land on a spruce branch hanging over the road I was driving on. Except the branch was really whippy and he ended-up bouncing around really good flapping his wings looking like "Wooooaaaaahhhhhhh!"
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X