Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forest City, NC is closed on Mondays. (yet another photo thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest City, NC is closed on Mondays. (yet another photo thread)

You must click.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Yay, more photos!

Interesting that it was originally called "Burnt Chimney". There is a story there that I'm curious to uncover now...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Interesting that it was originally called "Burnt Chimney". There is a story there that I'm curious to uncover now...
      According to what I could dig up, the town was founded at the intersection of two roads that connected four substantially larger area towns -- one connected Spartanburg, SC to Lincolnton, NC and the other connected Shelby and Rutherfordton, NC if you were interested. The only landmark of note at that crossroads was the burnt remains of a home that had belonged to the McArthur family.

Hence, Burnt Chimney.

Comment

Very cool pictures. As always, I love your photo threads.

Comment

Great photos. your photo threads are always so wonderful. And I get to see areas of the country that I won't normally get to see
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

A lot of these photos remind me of my hometown....empty storefronts, old brick buildings, tired old alleyways and little monuments everywhere, plus a few things still going strong. It's funny how very much alike some parts of the country are.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks for looking, everyone. I appreciate your thoughts and compliments.

Comment

Working...
              X