This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    What's sad is that I'm not even surprised.
    Ain't that the truth ...

Quoth Ghel View Post
    Let's all make a pact not to buy any Christmas-related stuff until December. That'll work, right? Right?

Darn my eternal optimism.

I just got rid of several strings of those icicle lights. I liked the way they looked, but I have decided hanging lights are off my Christmas ornaments list now and forevermore. They are a nuisance to put up and a nuisance to take down (of course, there is always Option #3 -- leave them hanging up year-round and just dust 'em off now and again ...)

And IMO putting Christmas stuff up in mid-summer just really wrecks the actual holiday season for me.

Comment

Oh, this gets even better. We are supposed to put the lights out for sale right away!....

...because they are on our endstand plan for July along with a bunch of flameless LED candles, fragrant wax burners and so forth.

They're strings of plain, white Christmas lights. And the buyer thinks we will be able to sell them.

Once again I am thinking brain damage and/or a drinking problem are necessary to obtain a job as a buyer in the corporate office.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When you put together Christmas light shows with 200,000+ lights, you tend to get started early. Those lights may not sell because you are too late.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Holy WTF?!?

It's not even Midsummer yet.

Comment

I know I keep repeating this to anyone and everyone around this time of year, but if something Christmasy isn't set before the Fourth of July then it's late.

And I've started my Christmas present making months ago. Early January, even. *shrugs*
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

If they're plain white, maybe you could use them for other holidays?
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                I know I keep repeating this to anyone and everyone around this time of year, but if something Christmasy isn't set before the Fourth of July then it's late.

And I've started my Christmas present making months ago. Early January, even. *shrugs*
                If I were making Christmas gifts, I could understand starting as early as possible ... like last year for next year, given the speed at which I usually work.

But I just can't even contemplate buying Christmas decorations when it's 92 out and the humidity is like a wet wool blanket draped over your head.

Comment

That's generally how I stay cool when it's 1 million degrees outside.

I get out the christmas fabric I bought during the day after Christmas sales last year, put on a CD of holiday music and start sewing.

But to see it in a (non- crafty type) store right now? f that noise.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Oh, this gets even better. We are supposed to put the lights out for sale right away!....

...because they are on our endstand plan for July along with a bunch of flameless LED candles, fragrant wax burners and so forth.

They're strings of plain, white Christmas lights. And the buyer thinks we will be able to sell them.

Once again I am thinking brain damage and/or a drinking problem are necessary to obtain a job as a buyer in the corporate office.
                    Actually, I know quite a few people around these parts that like to hang those white ones on their patios for bbq's. Don't come around here if you're looking for high-style backyards.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                      That's generally how I stay cool when it's 1 million degrees outside.

I get out the christmas fabric I bought during the day after Christmas sales last year, put on a CD of holiday music and start sewing.

But to see it in a (non- crafty type) store right now? f that noise.

Good point. I tend to put on winter backgrounds on my monitor and play Christmas music.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                        Actually, I know quite a few people around these parts that like to hang those white ones on their patios for bbq's. Don't come around here if you're looking for high-style backyards.
                        Then corporate should have sent them, say, February-ish, when all the other outdoor living stuff came in.

Summer's just beginning, but summer's over as far as retail is concerned. We're gearing up for Back To School now. It's not even set up yet and I'm sick of it already.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We have two strings of white led lights wound around the head of our bedframe - they give a really nice light. I suppose they are technically Christmas lights, but they don't get moved for Christmas...

If it's nearly Christmas, I should try to remember where I put the decorations. It always takes me four months to find the box!
                            I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

*runs away screaming* I don't think I feel ready for last Christmas yet...
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Just thought I would drop that right there.
                                Irv, don't tell us you're one of those people that just drops a load in the workplace.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X