Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, you guys really seem to suck more now (LONG).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob and Phlip both like and eat food that is significantly hotter than I consider edible, but that is fine - when we make something that can be left blander and kicked up we do it or they will make something hot and I will make something that I want that night. Not a big deal. I finally made it into an Ethiopian restaurant a couple years back when we drove to Fresno for a family visit. Of the blander stuff, I was fine and enjoyed it but the one dish I ordered extra mild came out so volcanic hot [for cold raw beef with spices] that Rob couldn't manage to eat it. Either they gave us the wrong order or someone was fucking with me. Now I have the base flavor profile dialed in, I can make it at home blander so I can actually manage to eat it now.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      There's a restaurant chain in Aussieland that allows customers to choose how spicy they want their chicken. They can choose "plain...ish", churasco BBQ, lemon and herb, mild, medium, hot, suicidal. (The last one is not their actual label). I made the mistake of trying their churasco BBQ with medium hot sauce. They were not kidding about the spice.
      Dude I love that place, but that's weird. In my suburb, their suicidal is usually pretty tame. It's what myself and my partner usually order after work if we've had a bad day.

Mind you, the suburb's pretty bogan/redneck...maybe that's a deciding factor?
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Sounds like those people think they can order whatever they want and custom-order the level of spicing beyond the standard mild, medium, suicidal or whatever terms are used.
        Don't forget that the scale differs from one place to another - "mild" at one (most likely authentic) place could be beyond "ohmygod" at another (toned down for the tourists) place. Also, just because someone can handle one kind of "hot" doesn't necessarily mean they can handle another - I've read about someone who got tired of their friends bragging about being able to handle "hot as you've got" Mexican food, and served them sushi with wasabi - apparently there's a reason wasabi and Kryptonite are both green.

Quoth Jester View Post
        6: This is what I imagine the Thais eat when they want something spicy. And if you're wondering why you've never seen it on the menu, it's because they don't offer it to Americans due to likely lawsuits. That, or they don't have all their hazmat licenses up to date.

7: Sorry, we can no longer serve that now that the use of asbestos in food service implements has been banned.

8: Not available in the U.S. - it seems that the FDA does not approve the use of chlorine triflouride as a food additive.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Mmmm...we have a bazillion Thai restaurants here in town. Most have 5 star scales, and I find 2-3 is just about right for me. Some dishes are marked as having a minimum spice of medium, so why would you complain if they're spicy? You're getting exactly what you order!

Quoth Jester View Post
          6: This is what I imagine the Thais eat when they want something spicy. And if you're wondering why you've never seen it on the menu, it's because they don't offer it to Americans due to likely lawsuits. That, or they don't have all their hazmat licenses up to date.
          The "Space Noodle" dish at Thai Taste in Seattle is, on their scale of 1-5, a 10. Rules are you have to be at least 18 to order and you can only order it once per day. I wouldn't be surprised if they make you sign a waiver, too. No, I haven't tried it yet.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Seriously? They just started on your hair, and charged you $50 for a haircut they said was free? I'd have left without paying.

Comment

Working...
            X