This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Woman Threatns to sic the Govt on us

WW stopped by. I've seen her before, she going through some hard times. Always asked to used the bathroom, said sure. I think she drifts from town to town, begging for freebies.

WW: weird woman
    Me: Um...

Me: Hi can I help you
    WW: Yes, check to see if I have a reservation under this name. *gives NY driver's license*
    Me: *Checks* No sorry no reservation here tonight under this name
    WW: Oh ok. *leaves*

WW: *comes back in a few minutes*
    Me: Can I help you
    WW: *speaking haughtily* Yes I just want YOU to know that I am a past government worker and I deserve a free room and if I don't get it, the government will sue this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: ...ok? Right, thanks for the info
    WW: Welcome *leaves*

A few hours later, WW comes back and asks to use the restroom, and then a few hours after that, she comes back again, claiming that someone or something's chasing her and trying to "kill her". I told her to buzz off. Would've called the police but there were people in the lobby, yammering. Didn't want to alarm them. I had enough of her drama. Honestly, don't people LIKE peace and quiet?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Honestly, don't people LIKE peace and quiet?
    Nah, some people thrive on drama. Sounds like Weird Woman might be mentally unstable, to boot. I hope she doesn't cause you too much more trouble.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

She may have been hoping you would call the police. free room for the night.

Comment

Yea, she sounds like she's mentally ill. Or possibly on something.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
          WW: *speaking haughtily* Yes I just want YOU to know that I am a past government worker and I deserve a free room and if I don't get it, the government will sue this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Me: Well, in 6-12 years when all the paperwork is filed I'm sure the trial will be short and entertaining. Until then, if you're not actually paying for a room here, please leave.

Comment

I've worked for the government too. None of it entitles me to free rooms.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              I think the same applies to the millions of other "former government employees" out there. Heck, I'm one myself (if you count the USPS.) (Isn't the U.S. Government the largest employer in the country?)
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                I think the same applies to the millions of other "former government employees" out there. Heck, I'm one myself (if you count the USPS.) (Isn't the U.S. Government the largest employer in the country?)
                Even when I was actively working for the DoD (I'm just a contractor now), that didn't entitle me to free rooms. Even if it was government business, still didn't apply.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Sounds like she is probably mentally unstable, like someone else suggested. Either that or a very pathetic scammer.

Comment

I figure to get rid of her you could have said:

"Yes some cops were just here looking for you, although I don't think they were really cops. One had a huge scar across his cheek and the other looked like he was in the mafia. They left their number, would you like me to call them and have them come pick you up?"

Comment

She forgot that it also entitles her to an endless supply of chocolate and a free puppy. Why? Because... reasons?

Note : This does not apply to anywhere in the continental USA, anywhere outside the USA.. on this earth, in space, or anything that happens to be in this or any other known (or unknown) universe(s). Age restricted where the law allows, no purchase necessary to claim. This free chocolates and a puppy is known to treat sadness, depression, and tin foil hat sweat. Studies have shown that anybody who has been, is, or will be on the treatment of Free Chocolates and a puppy want absolutely nothing to do with not only this EW, but the study on free chocolates and a puppy as well.
                      Last edited by Mytical; 04-06-2014, 01:26 AM.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth HumanX View Post
                        I figure to get rid of her you could have said:

"Yes some cops were just here looking for you, although I don't think they were really cops. One had a huge scar across his cheek and the other looked like he was in the mafia. They left their number, would you like me to call them and have them come pick you up?"
                        That is EVIL!!! I love it!

Comment

Must be a relative of the man that came to my hotel one night. Wanted a room, no money, claimed his wife had sent men to kill him an they robbed him but he killed them first and tossed their bodies over the nearby bridge. Started talking about the gun he had taken off them, how he used to be secret military, etc. I kept him talking while the night auditor called the police. When they came we flashed them a sign while the man's back was turned to warn them he said he had a gun. They got him in a police car without issue and it turned out he was off his medication and his wife had reported him as a missing person.
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            Wanted a room, no money, claimed his wife had sent men to kill him an they robbed him but he killed them first
                            Definitely off his rocker. If he had killed someone who had robbed him, why didn't he retrieve the money from the robber's corpse?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                              Discounted at best--and even then only for business or seminars....the gal in the OP is definitely on (or off) something.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X