This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil old bat makes a cashier cry

A cashier at work was telling me about a lady who was buying one of those huge packs of water. Now this cashier has a cast on her arm, obviously has an injury, and told the woman that she was unable to lift it. Her response?

"Sure, make a 70 year old woman lift it! You lazy piece of shit!!"

The cashier burst into tears. Bitch demands a manager. Manager told the cashier to go on break. The last thing she heard as she left the lane was the bitch saying, "Your WORTHLESS cashier..."

They just will not see the world around them, or care about anybody but themselves. It's sick. I hope the manager was decent enough to give the old hag what for.

The cashier probably should've called a fellow employee up to help her, but the old hag probably didn't give her a chance to. I hope she's feeling better now. Maybe you should tell her about this site, that might cheer her up...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This infuriates me so much. And how much do you want to bet she's one of those people who blarbs on about "youngsters" having no respect these days? Horrible old bat.

Comment

As someone who has a cast on their arm now (fractured my wrist), I just want to hug your co worker!! When I went into work with the dr's papers after seeing an ortho dr 2 days after I fell, a co-irker said "Oh, there is nothing wrong with her, she is just faking it so I have to do all the work." Some people are just insensitive and only have the world revolving around them.

Comment

As someone who suffers from (usually invisible) restrictions in lifting & carrying, I always make sure that when I go shopping I only pick up what I know I can handle. Maybe that horrid old bat should consider the same kinda deal... Or, you know, move into the 20th century & get running water installed at home?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            As someone who suffers from (usually invisible) restrictions in lifting & carrying, I always make sure that when I go shopping I only pick up what I know I can handle. Maybe that horrid old bat should consider the same kinda deal... Or, you know, move into the 20th century & get running water installed at home?
            Query...how this this old bitch get the water INTO her cart in the first place?

Comment

That water got into the cart somehow right? It didn't levitate itself there. So the best going idea would be the old bat managed to place it into the cart... so why does it become that much more a hassle to get it back OUT of the cart? Oy, logic... who needs it these days.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Some people are just naturally miserable, and seem to enjoy opportunities to make others miserable as well. There's no pleasing these people, so it's best just to recognize that the problem lies with them, not you, and learn to deal with them accordingly. I suspect this lady falls into this category.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  Query...how this this old bitch get the water INTO her cart in the first place?
                  Not only that, how will she get it into her car, then out again when she gets home..?
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BigBird View Post
                    Some people are just naturally miserable, and seem to enjoy opportunities to make others miserable as well. There's no pleasing these people, so it's best just to recognize that the problem lies with them, not you, and learn to deal with them accordingly. I suspect this lady falls into this category.
                    Quoted to reiterate what BigBird said. Bless their miserable hearts....NOT
                    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

I can imagine dropping a case of water into a cart would be intrinsically easier than lifting it up (especially if the case is large enough to fill up most of the cart's space, making it difficult to get a good hold on it for leverage) …but that still doesn't excuse her behavior.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      Or, you know, move into the 20th century & get running water installed at home?
                      Apparently indoor plumbing is an ancient concept going as far back as the Minoans of Crete. So she just needs to get out of the Stone Age at the very least!
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        Not only that, how will she get it into her car, then out again when she gets home..?
                        Now, if a customer comes up and asks NICELY that they need help getting a large item into or out of their cart, I will happily comply, as that's part of the service, but ones that BARK at you to do it -- especially if you're visibly in pain / injured -- are assholes.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          ones that BARK at you to do it -- especially if you're visibly in pain / injured -- are assholes.
                          Especially if said item is the reason you're in pain in the first place

One of my CWs, in addition to being short, does have back and shoulder problems and physically can't lift anything heavier than a half-gallon of milk. I bag for her when I can, and have witnessed her getting bitched at because an SC can't be arsed to either listen to her and leave their case of water in the cart so I can scan it, or put it back down themselves.

I don't have any back/shoulder problems per se, but the angle when I'm behind a register can make it hard for me to wrangle anything more than about 5 pounds especially if it's large and awkward (cat litter, water) and result in straining something or worse. Many times I get a CBF if I ask someone to either lift something closer to the scanner or leave it in the cart so I can get it with the gun. I just stare them down now.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

She'll die before you do, so you got that going for ya...

Comment

That insensitive ornery old bitty. When she got to the parking lot, who loaded the water into her car? When she got home, who unloaded the water from her car? She just wanted to talk shit to someone and that was her opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X