Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers are annoying me already! (new job)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I went outside with a coworker for a smoke and two people pulled up in a car and one had the nerve to ask "Are you taking applications?"

Coworker and I looked at each other, looked back at this person and said "Nope. We're closed." They left and we just looked at each other like "Did that just happen??? Really???"
    I can't quite believe I'm supporting an idiot, but the only thing I can imagine is that they thought the opposite was happening - that a new store was slowly being opened on the site of the much-publicised closure, and thus it would make sense to ask about new jobs.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

That happened when the supermarket I was working in at the time was undergoing a refit. At each entrance to the store, there was a giant billboard stating that the store was closed, and giving the date that it would reopen. In white lettering on a bright neon background.

During the refit, I often had to do the job of sitting outside on the bench outside the doors and stopping customers from entering the store, cuz they were too stupid and oblivious to see the giant billboard right in front of their stupid blind oblivious selves. This happened many times. There had to be always an employee sitting outside the entrance fending off moron customers, cuz otherwise they'd just walk in and try and shop, despite the fact that all the tills were covered with sheeting, there were wet paint signs everywhere, and the floor was practically gone in places with tiling machines scattered about, plus lots of workmen doing stuff.

So yes, people are that stupid. The human race is doomed.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
        I can't quite believe I'm supporting an idiot, but the only thing I can imagine is that they thought the opposite was happening - that a new store was slowly being opened on the site of the much-publicised closure, and thus it would make sense to ask about new jobs.
        One might think that but in this case the store had been there since the mid 80's and no announcement had been made as to another store going to move into that spot (it's now currently a Litter Box store that replaced one that was further down the road that was torn down when the new Fresher Market was built.)

We also had "Store Closing" signs up in the parking lot and by each of the entrances, so I really don't see how those could have been missed.

So yep, I still think it was pretty clueless of them.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
          But if that were happening, you'd expect the company opening the new store to have publicity of their own. After all, thanks to the much-publicized closing, people would expect there to NOT be a store at that location, and stay away - a phenomenon those opening the new store wouldn't want.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X