This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wireless SCs - I can't take this anymore

Today I decided I am leaving the wireless industry. This is the only industry I know of in which people can be this stupid and still be allowed to sign contracts. I will still put together part 3, but for now I would like to share this story of abject stupidity.

Me: Welcome to blah, how can I help you?
    Sc: Why is my bill so high?
    Me: I don't have a clue, as I don't know who you or or if you even have an account with us
    SC: My phone number is blah blah blah....
    Me: (Interrupting) Mam, there isn't a computer anywhere near me, I need to actually get to one before I can look up your account.
    ...walks to pc....
    Sc: I need you to fix my bill
    Me: That would be a challenge, as I have no ability to credit accounts
    Sc: Let me speak to your manager
    Me: Hello! How may I help you?
    Sc: *Blank stare*
    Me: That means that I'm the manager....
    Sc: oh
    Me: anyway, have you called customer service, sp epically the billing department concerning this issue?
    Sc: why would I need to do that, I'm right here.
    Me: So what you are asking is why you would need to contact the billing department to resolve a billing issue, rather than contacting the sales channel? I think the answer lies in the question.
    Sc: You're being rude
    Me: Probably, but it would make sense to call billing rather than talking to me wouldn't it? Not only can I not doing anything about this, but I also can only pull up the bill that you are carrying. Also, and just to clarify, this store is not the billing department.
    Sc: Fine I'll call the billing department, you've been of no help.
    Me: well mam, as we went over...literally seconds ago, I cannot be of help on this matter.

Ok so I'm typing this and she's sitting in my store, on the phone with customer service. Which, I can't imagine why she wouldn't do this at home.

I realize my brain to mouth filter was turned off for this interaction. Still though, it is due to me not even caring anymore. I've had it.

The wireless Sc's part 3 is coming, when I get some time

You have fulfilled the fantasies of millions of working people, to be able to turn off the brain/mouth filter and say what needs to be said.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
      You have fulfilled the fantasies of millions of working people, to be able to turn off the brain/mouth filter and say what needs to be said.
      It's really easy to do when you've stopped caring.

Comment

I can't think of much to say, except HURRAH for you! And good luck in whatever you try your hand at next.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Oy. My sympathies. People just don't bother to think.

It's like the people I get who ask for "the billing dept" when what they want to do is pay (or dispute) their newspaper subscription bill. Circulation does that, not the accounting people. So, folks, you just waited several minutes on my line (also not the right dept.) only to be transferred back to the people who can help you (I don't even have billing records)...and you'll have to wait again on their line.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been reading Acts of Gord lately, and that definitely came across like one of his stories. Brain to Mouth Filter? What's that?
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth icantbelievethesepeople View Post
              Today I decided I am leaving the wireless industry. This is the only industry I know of in which people can be this stupid and still be allowed to sign contracts.
              Read more of this site. Your faith in humanity will be lost.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Ok so I'm typing this and she's sitting in my store, on the phone with customer service. Which, I can't imagine why she wouldn't do this at home.
                Because some people are convinced that phone stores can do anything and everything phone support can. I get calls from people mad at me because they went to the store for some kind of technical issue and guess what? The store doesn't do tech support, they just do sales. It's a wasted trip.

But is it the fault of the customer for not actually doing their homework before they contacted us and figuring out where they needed to go get help?

Nope, it's my companies fault for wasting their time.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Today I decided I am leaving the wireless industry. This is the only industry I know of in which people can be this stupid and still be allowed to sign contracts. I will still put together part 3, but for now I would like to share this story of abject stupidity.
                  I too work in the wireless industry, but at an authorized retailer. In other words, I work at a retail chain that happens to sell contracts for cell phones. Sometimes it's like... "If you have to ask me what a smart phone is, you probably don't need one" and sometimes people are just fucking DUMB
                  Last edited by crazylegs; 04-03-2014, 08:22 PM. Reason: Quoting the entire post isn't needed.

Comment

Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
                    I too work in the wireless industry, but at an authorized retailer. In other words, I work at a retail chain that happens to sell contracts for cell phones. Sometimes it's like... "If you have to ask me what a smart phone is, you probably don't need one" and sometimes people are just fucking DUMB
                    No, most people are dumb MOST OF THE TIME. Often WILLFULLY so, because it's in their best interests to stumble through life in complete ignorance (nay, in DENIAL) of reality.

An ex-girlfriend of mine worked in a cell phone retail store, and invariably, whenever someone would complain of a large bill, it was usually because that individual (or someone on his/her cell plan) was incapable of going more than 20 minutes without having a cell phone plastered to his/her ear. She told me once of a phone bill in excess of six hundred dollars - for ONE MONTH! ANd of course, it couldn't POSSIBLY be the customer's fault, oh, no.... Why, it's inconceivable!

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                      Why, it's inconceivable!
                      They keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        They keep using that word. I do not think it means what ...
                        ... it's knocked up to be ...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

At my store, I do a lot of minor tech support, and even tell the customers that I don't mind answering any questions they may have, regardless of how insignificant they may think it is...

The other store in my town doesn't answer any questions or do any tech support, so the manager over there hates my guts.
                          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
                          X