This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job and First SC

I've been doing part time work (On the Weekends) at a Dollar Store, It pays triple what I get for flyers so Hopefully I can quit that soon.

It's been pretty good so far, Met some awesome customers, adorable (and Polite ) kids and someone I haven't seen for 8 or so years.

Though this one customer came in and while I was ringing him up the phone rang. It's store policy to tell the customer to hold for a moment and grab the phone, as it maybe something or someone important. I asked him to hold on for a moment while I go and answer the phone. He then turned and glared at me, growling out "No, you will finish ringing me out". It caused me to freeze up and finish with his transaction as fast as I could (And of course I missed the call). I was glad when he left the store.

I am lucky though as my Managers will not put up with SC behavior and are more then willing to kick people out of the store mid transaction. This was just my first time dealing with that kind of a person in a while as I rarely deal with them on my flyer route.

Though the next person to ask if it doesn't have a price sticker on it; if it means it's free, I think I'm going to tell them that it means that we have to get the giant wheel out and spin for the amount to be change. Tell them that I hope their luck it better then mine . Though my co-worker told someone who asked that that If it has no price sticker, it just means we get to charge whatever we feel like for it.

I hold my hand out and tell them that it'll be an extra 5$ charge for the tired old joke.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
      I hold my hand out and tell them that it'll be an extra 5$ charge for the tired old joke.
      Maybe I should try that, with an extra five for whenever something won't scan so it must be free

Comment

Oh man, now I want to build a little wheel I can whip out quickly from behind something that
        has only $5 all over it and spin it with a straight face.

Comment

Tell them what I tell my wife when she tries the "it must be free" joke:

"No, if there's no sticker, then it's not for sale."
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

If it's the dollar store I'm thinking of (green sign with yellow letters - they're pretty much taking over the market), they have items ranging up to $3. I'd be tempted to respond to the "doesn't scan? must be free" guy with "Our system has been having problems with our $3 items - if it doesn't scan, it must be one of those".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X