X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth otakuneko View Post
    I read that as TAFFER qualification...
    Hey, do you want to go to the bear pits after shift?
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      I read that as TAFFER qualification...
      Sorry, TAFE=Technical and Further Education. Basically home to blue-collar tertiary study and some low-level white collar tertiary study (ie your average receptionist would go through TAFE to be trained as such. Your average carpenter would do an apprenticeship that requires him to attend a TAFE campus 2-3 days a week)

My work (along with a number of childcare businesses) allow staff to either a) work while studying through a TAFE campus and count work towards course units or b) undertake a traineeship through the company (if the workplace is a registered training organisation-mine is) and get a TAFE certificate in the process (and not necessarily rely on having to attend formal classes)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

this thing about chemicals and food not mixing... as long as the chems aren't leaking it's fine. i'm not cracking out another bag just because someone wants 1 bottle of bleach and 1 pack of bacon. i've been mixing chems and food in bags for years and guess what... not a single mention of it.
        Shh! My Common Sense is tingling!

Comment

Quoth tom8907 View Post
          2. The person who never says anything when you say "hi how are you today?"
          I'm a naturally quiet guy; I can't help it!
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Worse is the person who's response is an angry mutter, or a glare at you as tho you just picked up their first born child and slam dunked it.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

They are permitted to glare if you did actually just pick up their first born child and slam dunk it...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
                On the flip side, I loved the customers who told me "to make the bags as heavy as possible". Always viewed that as a challenge and would routinely get a $100+ order into under 4 bags
                The grocery equivalent of "cubing out" a 53 foot dry van with lead ingots?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  I'm also annoyed by customers who will go through their bags right in front of you and start re-packing to their own specifications, especially if they don't tell you ahead of time that they need items bagged in a certain way. It's incredibly insulting. Hey, I only do this EVERY SINGLE DAY, I think I know how not to squash your bread or eggs and not to put the bleach next to the baby formula.
                  I will often repack my bags. But I do it after loading up my cart and rolling away so I'm out of traffic. (And usually I packed them myself to begin with). Since I take the bus, I usually have a backpack and reusable bags, and I like to load up the heavy stuff (pop and milk) in the backpack (which cna usually hold 4-5 bottles with ease), and then readjust the rest so it's relatively balanced; or in one bag.

But as I said, I do that after I've left the register and out of traffic so I'm not blocking anyone and so I'm not slowing down the initial packing much by trying to decide where things go right then and there.

Comment

I work in the deli of a supermarket so some of my peeves are department specific.

People who throw an absolute fit if something is out of stock. It's a freaking grocery store! It's sandwich meat! There are literally 100,00 other yummy food items all around you, no one ever died of lack of honey ham. Not like its baby formula or your heart medication. Get over it.

People who are standing RIGHT in front of me when I call their number and are either on the phone or just ignore us. Then, once we've moved on by 5 or 6 people start bitching that we skipped them and they are next. Nope, no dice. I call 4 times, you don't pay attention and I have other people waiting I move on and you go to the back of the line. Exceptions made of course for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X