This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty seconds to closing!

This SC rolled up after we closed. She did the usual thing of driving up to the cones, then doubling back and going in the back. I was locking the pumps up when she shouted at me.

"Excuse me, it's not ten o'clock yet!" she screamed. "There's thirty seconds yet!"

Um, what? Firstly, her timing was wrong. It was exactly one minute past ten by store time, which is what we go by, not Customer Standard Time. Second, thirty seconds? What kind of moron thinks that matters?

I just told her that we were closed and she drove off in a huff.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Customer standard time.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

We get the same thing at my pizza place a LOT. Sorry the POS server AND our wall clock (not to mention ALL our cell phones) are set by the government time signal SOOOOOOO our time is the correct time not your imagined time
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        she drove off in a huff.
        Don't think I've seen one of those - is it a 4x4?
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          http://www.toysrus.com/buy/push-peda...98223-12835619
          Attached Files
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Maybe it was a hoff if so that's a black trans am with a red light on the front.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Second, thirty seconds? What kind of moron thinks that matters?
              "Well, Ma'am, you'd better hurry, as you now have 24 seconds to pull up your car, get out, insert the pump, and begin fueling before the pumps shut down for the night. If you're lucky, you may be able to get a whole gallon in there!"
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The Angry Bartender recently had a thread where bartenders were bitching about the idiots that argue about last call.

And it reminded me of one of the great things about working day shift......

I want one!

I wonder if they make them large enough for a 5'8" man....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I want one!

Perhaps you should look up the Count for that kind of customized ride . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    "If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff!" -- Groucho Marx, Duck Soup
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Perhaps you should look up the Count for that kind of customized ride . .
                      I visualize Jester's ride as being by Big Daddy Roth...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What I wanted to say, but didn't, was that our exchange took over thirty seconds anyway so even if her timing had been right, by the time we'd finished, it would have been closing anyway. XD But since when did logic ever feature in an encounter with an SC?
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          I want one!

Here you go!
                          http://www.cnet.com/news/75000-green...ke-for-adults/

Comment

There's over the top, there's way over the top, there's utterly ridiculously over the top....and then there's THAT thing!

I just meant an adult SIZED one. Don't need a freakin' engine!

But it IS cool to know they make such a thing.

But only topping out at 50mph?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              I visualize Jester's ride as being by Big Daddy Roth...

Not terribly far off...it's the wrong color.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X