Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Old 06-30-2020, 12:25 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
... Just one bite per 'mater. Ever.
I have a little bother that did that with cookies.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:16 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Ghel View Post
The worst part is trying to find fresh vegetables locally. We have one small grocery store with a limited selection of vegetables, and they're often nearing the end of their shelf life when I buy them. The next grocery stores are 10 miles and 30 miles away. It's a pain, both in terms of time and gas money, to keep my fridge stocked. And with shorter hours due to COVID-19, popping over to the grocery store after work feels impossible.
If you don't have the room or time to grow your own, look into frozen vegetables. They're usually frozen within hours of being picked so they're actually in better shape and are more nutritious than even freshly delivered veg at the supermarket. Just double check to see if there's added sugar or salt.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:36 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
I have a little bother that did that with cookies.
Bothers are like that. They bother you.
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 06-30-2020, 02:23 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Bothers are like that. They bother you.
I grew up with 4 little bothers. And 4 little sassters too. My crap ranneth over.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:33 PM
Asura Mesmer

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
If you don't have the room or time to grow your own, look into frozen vegetables. They're usually frozen within hours of being picked so they're actually in better shape and are more nutritious than even freshly delivered veg at the supermarket. Just double check to see if there's added sugar or salt.
Yeah, I've been buying frozen for some things. But if I want to make a salad or a wrap, frozen won't work. I also haven't been able to find frozen spaghetti squash. I've tried making cauliflower rice a couple times, which is pretty good as long as you're not expecting rice. Buying frozen, pre-made cauliflower rice costs 10x more than buying a head of cauliflower. OTOH, if I make it myself, I can freeze the cauliflower rice I make in my food processor and cook it later, so that's cool.

I've been contemplating starting a small garden. One of my neighbors grows tomatoes in 5-gallon buckets. Another neighbor has a big ol' garden with a fence around it to keep the deer out (which isn't paranoia, since there was a deer in the back yard in the middle of the day last weekend). I'd like to emulate them, but I think time and arthritis are going to keep me from doing it.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
My SIL has started her own veggie garden as a way to get veg for her and the fam. Problem is, as soon as any of her tomatoes turn red, the local bird population attacks them.
At least you can put netting over the tomato plants and keep the birds off most of them.

No so sucky customers. Or little bothers.